The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

I've been listening to loads of Datach'i because he's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a lot of ambient stuff, electronic, and other random stuffs tbh

Eluvium
Shpongle
Goldfrapp
Helios
Jaaportit
Nest
October Falls
M83
Autechre
Aphex Twin

etc.

You have excellent taste. You should dig into bands like This Heat, Gang Gang Dance, and Burial.

thank ya kindly.

i tried to download some Burial stuff once but was having terrible luck. that album from last year that was pretty big is something in particular i've been meaning to listen to lately. i've also never seen it in my local record stores. i will check out gang gang dance too. never heard of This Heat but i'll look it up. thanks for the recs.

Magma reigns supreme!!!!!!
Its like King Crimson on supercrack.
Except better. Thanks to Grant(vihris) for introducing me to them. Fantastic music. Udu Wudu and Attakh are my favorites.
Always on the lookout for similar avant-prog acts, although some of the ones I've heard (Koenjihyakkei, Shub-Niggurath,Ruins) are more style than substance.

Do any of you like Mogwai? I'm listening to Happy Songs for Happy People at the moment.

Excellent album. The video for "Hunted by a Freak" is genius.

Check out Come On Die Young as well if you haven't. Their new one is pretty great as well.

Well for one the cover of Come On Die Young features a dude who looks remarkably similar to the (Witchfinder General?) guy in your avatar:

Come+on+Die+Young.jpg

I had a bit of an industrial break, but I started out listening to some Hocico again which is some of the best industrial period. Its really trance like industrial with black metal type vocals. Highly recommended. Also been listening to a band called Hecate which is like some wierd techno breakcore industrial black metal. The main chick is really hot, so it ended up being sorta appealing. Its really not that bad if you get beyond the breakcore part.

Check out Amduscia, if you haven't already.

thank ya kindly.

i tried to download some Burial stuff once but was having terrible luck. that album from last year that was pretty big is something in particular i've been meaning to listen to lately. i've also never seen it in my local record stores. i will check out gang gang dance too. never heard of This Heat but i'll look it up. thanks for the recs.

Yeah, Untrue by Burial is one of my growing favorites. Super gloomy, dark, and textured dubstep stuff. Do whatever you can to hear it. I have not heard his first record yet but I shall do so soon.

Gang Gang Dance rules. If you want some noise-y-er style shit than check out their first few record. Their most recent effect, Saint Dymphna, still has noise-elements(weird sounds, random effects, etc.) but it is filtered into a pop-structure body, and is their best album by-far.

Also, anyone into Mogwai should check out Godspeed! You Black Emperor and A Silver Mt. Zion.

I mean, is the intro to that video not some total Sunn 0)))-esque shit? JUST LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAYS!!!!