The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

School me on Mogwai. I quite liked Hunted By A Freak and I'm listening to Cody now and it's great.

I only have CODY, Happy Songs..., Mr Beast and The Hawk is Howling. Mr Beast is the only one of those that I don't enjoy as much.

I like very much Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Afterhours (an Italian Alternative Rock band), Tool, Boston, Nirvana, Mortiis, Prodigy, Blackmore's Night and Guns n' Roses. My favourite among these bands are Dire Straits, Afterhours, Boston, Mortiis (the Dark Ambient albums) and Blackmore's Night. Does anyone like them?

Boston and Dire Straits are good.
My favorite classic rock band is definitely Queen, even if most of their catalogue is quite patchy and inconsistent. The first compilation of Greatest Hits still rocks my socks off to this day.

Boston and Dire Straits are good.
My favorite classic rock band is definitely Queen, even if most of their catalogue is quite patchy and inconsistent. The first compilation of Greatest Hits still rocks my socks off to this day.

Boston and Dire Straits are great. I also like Queen, but not everything.

I think i like Nektar just as much as King Crimson, and that's saying much, not up there with Camel or Pink Floyd, but just as good as King Crimson and Anekdoten.

well it's early '70s psych/hard rock/prog/whatever but they're totally unlike anybody else, major influence on mercyful fate among others (better though). contained ex-members of purple and iron butterfly too (again, better than both). s/t is seriously just perfect, probably the most fluid album ever recorded.

I've been on an Alice in Chains streak lately. Fucking brilliant band.

Also been checking out Deep Forest, which are really interesting for a new age / world music group. They have a good sense of melody, and their vocals are fucking crazy at times.

d83238gnqcl.jpg