The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Krampus, I was going to ask you, which And One album would you recommend buying? I thought they were the most impressive of the bands you posted, so I think I'll start with them.

They remind me of Depeche Mode a bit, but with a more modern sound. :)

Also, for a long time, I had kind of written off Fan the Flame (Part 1) as my least favourite Dead or Alive album, but I've recently re-discovered it, in its awesomeness.

I've been listening to this album, and in particular this excellent song, a lot lately:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah man look at that price tag on the image! 2300 yen, almost $25. That song is really great, I can't wait to move back to a country that has actual 80s nights.

As for And One, my favorite album is "Bodypop" which also happens to be their most recent. It's very polished and IMO not only has better production but also much better songwriting.

Anekdoten is such an amazing band, a modern King Crimson. I would say that it's my favourite Swedish band ever, metal included.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u63Z6k_kwE&feature=related[/ame]

Speaking of Swedish prog, the new Paatos is good too.

I really like Anekdoten. Paatos too, but I haven't heard their new album. Do you like Morte Macabre?

^ Good stuff STN

Meanwhile I'm still stuck in a perpetual dubstep mode, and seeing Doorly and Nero playing live the other night didn't help one bit.

Skip the intro, this is a magic live version of an awesome song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-xdqz4ryc&feature=feedlik[/ame]

Been seriously binge listening to Sera Cahoone lately

I think I've probably listened to her album, Only As The Day Is Long, more in these last 3 months than I've listened to anything else ever in my life. She mostly plays a folksy sad country style that for whatever reason just hits me right. Personal favorite musical discovery I've made in years.

album-ACDC-Back-in-Black.jpg

Such a good fucking album.

The perfect album for drunken burnouts, lol