The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Saw these guys last night. Tightest live act I've ever seen?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xhs3vVZfZo&feature=relmfu[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4KN7QRVfUw&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
autotuned fagcore seems to get a lot of tits

Listening to Mikael Åkerfeldt's national radio show, It's pretty fucking awesome. Some artists he's playing:

King Crimson
Genesis
Gentle Giant
Camel
David Crosby
Joni Mitchell
Nick Drake
Scott Walker
Robin Trower
Captain Beyond

Why did all 80s pop song snares have that disgusting reverb effect? It was pretty much never used before or after that decade. So what gives?

Why did all 80s pop song snares have that disgusting reverb effect? It was pretty much never used before or after that decade. So what gives?

Don't hate. As a drummer, I can appreciate the idea behind reverb/echoes in the snare in the same vein that a guitarist can appreciate reverb when slamming down a menacing chord.

^ Well in slower music it's not always wrong, I guess. I used to play drums too, and I always preferred to keep the snare tight, And Justice for All style. Can't really execute a fill involving the snare drum if it splashes like water. It's a completely different thing e.g with toms, as you can get a pretty cool rumbling effect with lots of reverb on them.

So Wu Tang's first album and GZA's following are the only two rap albums I've ever heard that aren't garbage, to be honest. I've tried to find something similar to GZA, but I just can't find it. Most other rappers just feel like stupid fucking douchebags enjoying their spotlight too much. GZA on the other hand is genuinely talented, has something to say, and has integrity too (which isn't too common). Love RZA's weird dark beats too, perfect combination.

Liquid Swords is a great album. Maybe try Madvillain's Madvillainy or just MF Doom in general, not similar to GZA but still great.

So Wu Tang's first album and GZA's following are the only two rap albums I've ever heard that aren't garbage, to be honest. I've tried to find something similar to GZA, but I just can't find it.

There's loads of hip hop out there that's as good. Try these.