The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

This is awesome! There were a few Mongolian bands that I use to listen to that had throat singing, Yat Kha and Huun Huur Tu and you just reminded me of them. Was reminded of this band... could've sworn they had throat singing too, but the songs I heard on youtube didn't have singing. Still beautiful music though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGj7YpzJEcQ

yeahh... not my kinda stuff...

MORE Kongar-ol Ondar

ONDAR raps in Vladivostok, Russia, at the end of the Trans-Siberian Railroad...

Last edited by a moderator:
New Chelsea Wolfe!

And Zola Jesus is releasing a record of her songs rerecorded on strings.

I'm still digesting both records, but they've made positive first impressions.

Really disappointed by the new Fuck Buttons...

It isn't bad, it just isn't what I want from them.

This is what Fuck Buttons is to me, not

I mean the beats are probably more interesting, but the entire album feels a lot more 'dance' based and it doesn't work well for them I feel.

The Birthday Party - Junk Yard (it blows my mind how angry this album gets, released in 1982)

Agreed. I think I like the Mutiny/Bad Seed compilation even more, but still need to buy Prayers on Fire. Easily some of the most violent and intense music I know of.

Lately I've been listening to more Pere Ubu and related and similar things. I've tried looking around through the most obligatory Zappas and Residents and whatnot of zany/humorous and complex music but where most of it kind of irritates me, this really hones it down into something digestible and fun.

I seldom find pop music intriguing on any level but I'm certainly impressed with this girl. Nice voice, decent music, I mean she's referring to the tennis court oath from the French Revolution, pretty cool.

I really dig this chick, or at least the songs I've heard so far. I probably wouldn't have ever known who she was if she hadn't done that song with Lynch (this video could have easielly been directed by him. Anyway, this song is pure 60's girl group/Phil Spector worship which I eat right up so I love it.

Looking for a Stereolab album that stays engaging for the duration of the runtime. It seems to me like most have about a 1:2 ratio of good songs to background noise filler.

Material like this is probably what I like best from them:

I'm sure everyone has a song that brings them back to a particular time in the past. This particular song reminds me of a Panamanian woman who'd babysit me. Her boyfriend, at the time, was Cuban and he'd play this song every Sunday. Where they lived there was always some kind of BBQ happening on a Sunday. So anytime I hear this song I get all nostalgic and start smelling BBQs and thinking of running through sprinklers. I'd imagine this is what it will feel like when I'm older reminiscing on childhood crushes/love stories.

That was one of the worst things I've ever listened to.

the fans of icp call themselves "juggalo" and the song was made as a snarky response to those people who keep asking "what is a juggalo??"
the lyrics are actually supposed to be really stupid

here listen to this

Dropping some travesty here for Mort. I don't like it btw but oh well. He might.

I hate that thing being done on guitar at the beginning, and most every song that has ever had that specific thing going on in it has infuriated me for some reason, but other than that did not mind.