The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Someone on another forum I frequent once described Mazzy Star as like "bathing in opium". Sounds about right.

Even more relaxation. Sketches of Spain is one of my favorite Miles albums. Prime for lazing around and just zoning out.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 Horsepower anyone? I usually don't like country sounding music unless it's fused or sort of "dark" sounding. This is cool though because it's sort of alt country and depressing. Yay :]

I stumbled upon this on Facebook. I thought Mort should like it. I didn't find it in his last.fm library.

16 Horsepower anyone? I usually don't like country sounding music unless it's fused or sort of "dark" sounding. This is cool though because it's sort of alt country and depressing. Yay :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mR1gKKSQ4

Awesome band; Secret South was definitely their best release. It's too bad they split up, but if you dig their material you should check out the lead singer's other project, Wovenhand.

Awesome band; Secret South was definitely their best release. It's too bad they split up, but if you dig their material you should check out the lead singer's other project, Wovenhand.

Yeah they are. I actually picked up a Wovenhand album last week, for reasons unknown, but had no idea it was the lead singer's other project. I gotta get Secret South, Folklore is the only album by them that I have.

Edit: Love some 16 HP.

The above SP song is off the "Judas O" bonus disc, which seems to be better than some actual releases.

Really nice Pumpkins song. Totally sounds like it's from the Adore sessions. That album has some phenomenal songs on it but too much filler.

The new Sigur Ros album is excellent. My favorite by them since ().
[youtube]EG2N7euPXuc&list=PLze65Ckn-WXYVrClGVjcc-sddBp1ytrWI[/youtube]

Any of you world music lovers should check out Bengali singer Anusheh Anadil. A really colorful and vibrant voice.

I love 16 HP myself... but if you want dark folky/country/whatever Those Poor Bastards are worth a shot. Much darker than 16 hp.

Nice. The first song kinda reminds me of an old Canadian band called Junkhouse:

In the meantime, just got this in the mail this week:

970062_518249748223000_1731964831_n.jpg

Really dug that Crooked Man song from Those Poor Bastards. I'll be listening to that album Satan is Watching very very soon. Awesome stuff.

Sometimes I forget how awesome Smashing Pumpkins are great song.

I like this blues rock band called Rival Sons. I picked up their album Pressure & Time on 180 gram vinyl for just a buck. They're great!