The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

51SQ5S-vXVL.jpg

I've always heard Nirvana fans wax lyrical about how AiC was the more "metallic band" and so, weren't as good as Nirvana when it came to having a "stripped-down" sound. Well...this album. There's my counterargument. A lack of distortion doesn't change that this band sounded more powerful due to having an exemplary vocalist and a compositional genius of a guitarist and Jar of Flies proved this.

https://www.facebook.com/silenciogroup

Came across these cats in a promo for the new Twin Peaks. Started out doing covers of soundtrack pieces from Lynch films and eventually started writing their own material. Not only highly influenced by Lynch soundtracks but there are echoes of the sounds heard on Lynch's two solo albums, the Blue Bob album and the noirish dream pop of Lynch collaborators Chrysta Bell and Julee Cruise. Great stuff:

CD available: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/silencio22

I've been listening to some Fever Ray since I dug the Vikings theme song, not bad. Makes me feel female and shit. Like a less cutesy Bjork.

We are forced to carry the remains of yet another rock and roll warrior to his shroud and casket with the appalling death of guitar dynamo Gregg Allman today. Peace, brother, you're with Duane and Butch now.

Damn it, checked another thing. It would appear earlier this week, Monday exactly, jazz drum god Mickey Roker died. Top 3 Dizzy Gillespie drummers, easily. Fucking bullshit.

Listen to that swing, if he swung any any harder he'd beat every batting average in baseball. Even his solos have more rhythm than most drummers' timekeeping work. Godspeed.

Came across this youtube channel called Tronicbox and he's done a few amazing '80s style' covers of modern pop songs.

This Ariana Grande one in particular is amazing.

Love his take on Demi Lovato's Cool For the Summer as well

Note: The pics used to illustrate this audio-clip have absolutely nothing to do with the lyrics (and IMO don't fit with the music either), but this was the only clip of the studio version I found on youtube.

Another one. This is just aggravating at this point. Jazz guitar maestro Bern Nix has left us. One of Ornette Coleman's more underappreciated sidemen by far in my book. Listen to these chord voicings, wacky enough to make Barney Kessel flip his shit:

Just bonkers. When the arpeggio comes in around three minutes in or whatever I close my eyes and a movie plays out in my head that just sublimates all the chaos I've been feeling lately and it's just perfect. Maybe that sounds like nonsense but if you know the feeling you know it.

(couldn't find the song I was looking for - Andetag - on youtube, but this is good too) Chance discovery today. Can't believe this isn't someone I've heard on the radio before. How do you release several albums of music this gorgeous and accessible to almost no recognition at all? I don't understand the mainstream.