The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Yeah not taking away from Cream at all but that's an obvious choice for a lot of people.
I know, but it remains his finest hour for me. Layla kicks ass though, as does his solo career in general. Love Blind Faith as well. All around, those old "Clapton is God" graffiti jobs in the UK weren't lying.

Iggy Pop dropped a new single today, calling back to his roots as a player in the Chicago blues scene, but with a nomenclature very much Iggy's own. Good stuff.

Reactions: CiG
And it's now been a year since the almighty Purple One left this Earth, and ascended to the heights of his weeping, alabaster doves. Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to honor that:

Selling England I think is the album that best showcases the members of the classic line-up's individual strengths. Collins and Hackett are on fire in "Dancing With the Moonlit Knight" and Hackett's lead work on "Firth of Fifth" is just sublime. Some of Tony Bank's finest work is all over the album, especially on the aforementioned "Firth of Fifth" and "The Battle of Epping Forest", while the second half of "The Cinema Show" is so good its worth buying the album just for that. The album also contains some of Gabriel's most clever innovative lyrics, "Epping Forest" and "The Cinema Show" probably being the best examples. Quite funny at times too, ie the various character voices in "Epping Forest".

BillyJoel_AnInnocentMan.jpg