The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

About the only album I've heard from 2018 so far is this mosty My Little Pony-themed noise. It seems a stretch to think that that even @HamburgerBoy could like it! But I've always had a thing for shit internet projects considering I started my own when I was 16.

Can't exactly say I exactly enjoyed that, but considering I entered the thread and paused this

To listen to that, you couldn't have made a more timely recommendation, danke.

Reactions: Bloopy
Anna von Hausswolff - Dead Magic - Quite Amazing!

a3291194671_10.jpg

Lately I've been putting this on in the mornings to get myself psyched to deal with my unending fucking workload. Massive song.

Why do so many post-hardcore bands have word salad nonsense lyrics though? It's not that hard to find things in this world to be angry about.

Jan Akkerman rules. Easily one of the best guitarists of the '70s.

You ever hear Brand X Talos? Not that they're so akin to Focus but, they released some killer albums from 1975 to 82ish. John Goodsall on guitar, Percy Jones on bass and, on their first 2 albums, on drums, Phil Collins. Who was a great fucking drummer.
Their first album was possibly their best, and a must have for fusion fans:

Reactions: isberg
Just discovered that this existed, a collaboration between Susumu Hirasawa and some Italian extreme metal vocalist that apparently never performed in a metal band

IN RESPONSE TO THE THREAD TITLE

i like old-school hip-hop
you know the old-style, kinda-rap-songs where the back-beat was 4-6 sec on a loop, the back-beat was actually in-the-back of the vocals, where you could actually hear every individual word clearly with no kind of voice-changing auto-tune bullshit, NONE of the words repeated, and the words actually told a coherent and interesting story
as an example
i used to have on my cell-phone the super-long version of "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" with all the extra verses that never got onto TV, and even longer loops of instrumental in between each verse, where this song was about twice as long as what you hear on TV

yes i will actually read SOME of this thread, at some point in the future