The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Youtube and crappy speakers dont do the clip justice. Hopefully i can see them live one day. Think it might be majestic.

I've been lucky to attend two of their concerts, the first one in Cologne in 2005 when they were doing their first and so far only German tour, only a few months before they split up. It was just a small club with maybe 30 people attending, because hardly anyone here knew them. After a very successful reunion concert in Trondheim in 2009, which was originally planned as a one-off show, they decided to play a few more concerts in 2010, the final one taking place on a stage swimming in front of the Opera house in Oslo, and that's where I saw them for the second time. It was a very special concert for me in more than just one regard.

I was very pleased when I heard about their reuinon in 2017, though at first only the vocalist and her brother (the one playing the fiddle) were the only remaining original members and they wanted to continue without a guitarist. Luckily, their former guitarist eventually joined them as well. Here's a live clip from their concert in Trondheim in 2009 showing a performance "Margit Hjukse". Since it's a bootleg-clip, the picture quality is not the best and the sound could be better as well. The craziest (and maybe also noisiest) part starts at about 4:20:

Someone also uploaded the studio version of this song (luckily in better sound quality) - please note that the album cover shown in this clip is the wrong one, because the song is actually from their debut album "Jygri" (and not from its successor "Iselilja"):

Reactions: isberg
The-Spell-cover.jpg

Awesome progressive rock from 1985.

This song is fucking transcendental. Minimalism has never sounded so good. Nobuo ripped it off for the FF6 intro, too.

Been listening a lot to Kraftwerk this past week. It's fascinating to me how they have such a playful style but can still release songs like this that are just horrifying.