The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

A few of my fav's:

Pink Floyd
Camel
Robin Trower
UFO
The Moody Blues
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Van Halen
Radiohead
Led Zeppelin
Porcupine Tree
Cream
Emerson Lake & Palmer
King Crimson

Everything that I mentioned was stuff that I've been interested in looking into for years. Who finally introduced me to their music is pretty fucking irrelevant. She also sent me a lot of crap that I don't like at all.

Yeah, but, conversely, it doesn't seem like you've discovered any other non-metal music by yourself :lol: Just being a dick br0.

Yeah, well I'm not a downloading faggot so unless somebody sends something to me or I'm interested enough to check out myspace, I don't hear it until I own it.

omg i will make lizt

Yes
Zep
Floyd
BOC
Lizzy
ELP \M/
ELO
Tull

And others which I'm forgetting. Rush is overrated as fuck imo.

edit: forgot Montrose and Trower

Almost everything that I sent to Matthew was stuff that he had talked about being interested in for a while, and coincidentally they're most of the ones that he listed here.

He also definitely didn't like some of the things that I sent him.

Anyway, look here if you want to know what my taste in non-metal is: http://www.Last.fm/user/Implications

Collective Soul
Stone Temple Pilots
Soundgarden
Live
Incubus
Matchbox 20 (older stuff)
Tom Petty
Credence Clearwater Revival
Taking Back Sunday (fuck off)
AFI (pre Decemberunderground)
Alice in Chains
Rise Against
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Queens of the Stone Age
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Chevelle
Breaking Benjamin

There's a shitton more, but I can't think of them right now. Lately I've had a lot more non-metal metal going on, don't know why.

This is one of my favourite songs.

Note: The song actually isn't a live recording. Not sure how people can actually believe that.

Note: This is a fan-made video, using the band's re-recorded version of the song. I think the original is a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to non metal music, Black Flag and this album in particular have been kicking my ass lately:

BlackFlag-Damaged.jpg
Legendary album. Henry is fucking vicious sounding on it. My favorite Black Flag record is "Slip It In".

:lol: it was Bach who really got me into music actually... Toccata and Fugue in D Minor to be precise. The organ remains my favorite instrument to this day.

The Toccata in F Major is great too, as are the transcribed Vivaldi concerti. I really need to get more Wagner, though. I feel too grounded in Baroque and need something grandiose.

Mainly Can and Magma lately. I have a huge amount of albums on my to buy list, but no express desire to go shopping given the situation in the region.
Maybe when things are calmer...

Almost everything that I sent to Matthew was stuff that he had talked about being interested in for a while, and coincidentally they're most of the ones that he listed here.

He also definitely didn't like some of the things that I sent him.

Anyway, look here if you want to know what my taste in non-metal is: http://www.Last.fm/user/Implications

He sounds like hes a poser, tbh.

I have been listening to Woods a lot. Averege, quirky and happy folk rock. Kind of lo-fi but still solid stuff.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=144854963

I thought that was given. I mean, who doesn't like Rush?

*raises hand*

The band's music arouses no emotions and conjure no images for me, at all. '2112' (the suite) comes closest but still doesn't cut it. I cannot say they're objectively bad, but it's about as non-intense as you can get IMO. And yes I've heard whatever album and song anyone is going to throw at me.

Also listened to the Prodigy's Music for the Jilted Generation today, which fucking rocks. I was afraid to try anymore of them after hearing The Fat of the Land, which largely sucked balls, but Jilted Generation definitely restored my faith in them. Very exciting electronica.

This was the first electronic album I ever got into. Before I heard it I pretty much thought all dance/electronic music was utter rubbish.

Have you checked out The Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust? Another very good album from the same period.