The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Here are my top bands, separated by genres:

Art/prog
Camel
Doors
Hawkwind
Jethro Tull
King Crimson
Magma (probably favorite band ever)
Moody Blues

Blues/jazz/folk/R&B
Doobie Brothers
Grateful Dead
Jamiroquai
Steely Dan
Ten Years After
ZZ Top

Hard/heavy rock
AC/DC
Alice in Chains
Bloodrock
Blue Öyster Cult
Boston
Budgie
Clutch
Led Zeppelin
Kyuss
Rainbow
Van Halen

Electronic/Industrial
Chemical Brothers
Ministry
Rammstein
Revolting Cocks
Shpongle
VNV Nation

This was the first electronic album I ever got into. Before I heard it I pretty much thought all dance/electronic music was utter rubbish.

Have you checked out The Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust? Another very good album from the same period.

Yeah, I've listened to it once so far. It's very good, though the Chemical Brothers album that really blew me away was Dig Your Own Hole. That was actually the first breakbeat album I listened to (about two months ago :lol:), and it was a seriously mind-blowing experience. I had never imagined that electronic music could rock so fucking hard until I heard that.

Mainly Can and Magma lately. I have a huge amount of albums on my to buy list, but no express desire to go shopping given the situation in the region.
Maybe when things are calmer...

Plz move out of Israel tbh.

Some stuff I listen to off the top of my head:

CKY
Cake Bake Betty
Pennywise
Portishead
Radiohead
A Perfect Circle
Paramore (no homo)
Nas
Rakim
Common
Tupac
Gravediggaz
Wu-Tang Clan

et all...

Looking for more stuff too.

grant, listen to more ozrics

They're not that amazing tbh. Great sound, and nice to chill out to, but 95% of their stuff sounds the exact same. I'll come back to them, but I still haven't caught the mood since I listened to them almost nonstop over the summer.

Swans
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Sex Pistols
The Ramones
The Birthday Party
Nick Cave
GG Allin (although i don't like his kiddy fucking tendencies,infact i despise it),to name a few and yes that new Portishead album is great,a real grower,can't forget Joy Division and New Order,love those guys

The Birthday Party
Nick Cave

I've finally started getting into some Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds stuff, his latest album is great. The Birthday Party were crazy for their time. Dirty Three and The Drones are another great couple of Australian bands I've gotten into recently.

Dirty Three
[ame]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bkXixCj8DaQ[/ame]

The Drones
[ame]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SYjDPlebNT8[/ame]

I've finally started getting into some Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds stuff, his latest album is great. The Birthday Party were crazy for their time. Dirty Three and The Drones are another great couple of Australian bands I've gotten into recently.

Dirty Three
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bkXixCj8DaQ

The Drones
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SYjDPlebNT8

great stuff there man!! Tumbleweed and The Hard Ons are also two of my favourite Aussie bands,so underated,i doubt they'd have too many fans stateside unfortunately,really great and so deserving of closer investigation,The Birthday Party's "Nick the Stripper" has got to be one of the best vids ever,really disturbing bunch back then and mad speed freaks which would explain their rail thin appearances,i can't work out for the life of me why they never made it big when they relocated to the UK during the punk days

The amount of non-metal I listen to almost rivals the amount of metal I listen to. I've branched out quite a bit over the years but these are some of my favorites...

Alice In Chains
Discharge
Misfits
Samhain
Wu-Tang Clan
Fugazi
Jethro Tull
The Exploited
The Cult
Immortal Technique
Mother Love Bone
Jedi Mind Tricks
Orchid
Nobuo Uematsu
Lustmord

The Toccata in F Major is great too, as are the transcribed Vivaldi concerti. I really need to get more Wagner, though. I feel too grounded in Baroque and need something grandiose.

I've got most of Bach's organ music on cd. I love the Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, the Toccata, adagio and fugue and the D 'Dorian' Toccata and Fugue (amongst others).
Wagner is great but he requires alot of time and patience. Those Prelude and Overtures collections are good for more casual listening. I don't know how much of his stuff you've heard... good intro operas would be Das Rheingold and Der Fliegende Hollander. The most important one's to get though would be the entire Ring Cycle and Tristan und Isolde.

The non-metal music I like is nothing you'd appreciate as I'm gay for Czech 80's pop. The thing is that communistic isolation from western world and culture created a scene that is comical in today's standards, but I really fucking enjoy that fucking music. It's great in it's horridness.

One of my buds played Muse for me the other day. Surprisingly, I've never really listened to them (I've heard a few things here and there). He played me some tracks off Absolution, and I was hooked. Definitely gotta pick up that album.

One of my buds played Muse for me the other day. Surprisingly, I've never really listened to them (I've heard a few things here and there). He played me some tracks off Absolution, and I was hooked. Definitely gotta pick up that album.

Yeah, Muse is one of those commercial rock bands that don't suck. They have an original sound and feel and they're very exploratory.

Muse rocks the shit, son.
Their singer has got a cool voice, and the whole feel to their music is just unique and enjoyable.