The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

I did mention Enigma, and especially on the last three albums his stuff has been this unclassifiable mix of electronic, new age, ambiant, pop, and prog.

Assemblage 23 is an electronic artist I like a lot, don't remember if I mentioned him already..

In terms of an even spread of electronic + ambiance, I do believe early Tangerine Dream is one of the best places to go.. 'Phaedra' for example..

I'm totally listening to a collaboration between steve roach and Robert Rich, great stuff. Got the tribal stuff goin down

Test Dept. - Materia Prima is a really good industrial/ambient album. Puts me in a very contemplative state of mind, especially the last song.

For electronic/ambient, I would recommend Autechre. Very well-written music that sounds like a complex mesh of computer and machine noises. Melodies are subtle and/or minimalistic, and the rhythms are usually pretty bizarre. Start with Tri Repetae.

Been listening to some stuff by Psarantonis, a famous Greek folk musician from Crete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Original Slowhand and the Evil Minions

For those who don't know, this is the side project of Ilja Jalkanen, the lead singer of Kiuas.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SijVj7N7jsg&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
1349: check out some goa trance, as I've been doing lately. I recommend Man With No Name, Astral Projection, Electric Universe and Hallucinogen.

The amount of non-metal I listen to almost rivals the amount of metal I listen to. I've branched out quite a bit over the years but these are some of my favorites...

Alice In Chains
Discharge
Misfits
Samhain

:worship:. And honestly, Alice In Chains - Jar of Flies is a really beautiful album. Probably my favorite AiC release.

Over the last year, I've really taken a liking to the post-rock and post-metal genres, bands like Explosions In The Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Jesu, Mogwai, Pelican, etc. If anyone else listens to these and has any recs. of what I should check out, please let me know.

1349: check out some goa trance, as I've been doing lately. I recommend Man With No Name, Astral Projection, Electric Universe and Hallucinogen.

I order you to listen to Shpongle. It has the same guy who does Hallucinogen (along with some other dude), and it's friggin' awesome.

I am a big fag for Placebo. English pop/rock with some electronic sensibilities on their later albums. I really dig Brian's Voice and the music runs a wide range from fun to really depressing. They are so far from just about everything else I listen to. Their first album has been described as sounding like The Smashing Pumpkins with Geddy Lee on vocals.

I am a big fag for Placebo. English pop/rock with some electronic sensibilities on their later albums. I really dig Brian's Voice and the music runs a wide range from fun to really depressing. They are so far from just about everything else I listen to. Their first album has been described as sounding like The Smashing Pumpkins with Geddy Lee on vocals.

Sounds interestingly gay, my friend. :)