The threadmill, aka fitness discussion

Well, I've finally started pumping iron again two days ago. I'm going to work on a two days a week routine with some running every two days. It's been about 4 months since the last time I worked out and I thought I had lost some crucial endurance but, it's not that bad after all. I'm still able to do some 70 push-ups, which is good, and 60 sit-ups, which is not as good but, my abs have always been my weakness. For the running, well I'll see the damage tomorrow. So I'll probably set up a small free weights routine which I'll separate in two sessions, arms and chest and legs, back and abs. Nothing fancy really I simply want to remain somewhat healthy.

Now that I eat cheese everyday (thanks to my new job) I can't just sit around and hope not to gain any unwanted pounds, I had to do something about it. I guess it was the last drop in my motivation glass.

Tut-tut, I think Ive hit the only lame spot you seem to have. Putting people in their place in this case is only your job, sorry for messing about.

You're forgiven, for now. I was definitely hoping for something along the lines of "Ah, to tell people they don't know how naked men look like, you sure must have plenty of experience, huh?". But using "fucking lame" is always funny, too.

You're forgiven, for now. I was definitely hoping for something along the lines of "Ah, to tell people they don't know how naked men look like, you sure must have plenty of experience, huh?".

well, according to their reasoning, seeing me in a swimsuit would be evidence enough. you've done that a couple of times, so you're justified. :p

You're forgiven, for now. I was definitely hoping for something along the lines of "Ah, to tell people they don't know how naked men look like, you sure must have plenty of experience, huh?". But using "fucking lame" is always funny, too.

But you do have plenty of experience, wheres the fun in telling the truth? :p As for my laming, yes, it was kinda lame.

@rahv: good, let's get the thread back on track (heh).

what are your plans? are you getting a trainer? are you going to focus on aerobic or anaerobic (or both)? why do i ask so many questions? :p

Bwhahahahaha, lolrus.

I'm going to be laughing at that all day now. And only because Rahvin posted it.

I vow to start running on Monday. Now I just have to find some good shoes that fit. I know I have some around.

~kov.

The fitness disease is spreading. If they got rahvin, they can get anyone. Id better run. No, wait, thats what they want me to... o_O

lolrusyw5.jpg

:lol:

R(running)OFL

last night i indulged in every possible type of alcohol abuse. probably ended up sleeping upside down like bats (i can't remember). so i discovered that god provided humans with a small muscle lodged somewhere between bicep and tricep which is only used when latching belts and starting motorbikes. it hurts like hell so i missed my shoulders-lats-triceps workout. i will try to go tomorrow, but if it's that bad i will better forget it. i got so hooked on the rowing machine that i want to be able to race the computer whenever i go to the gym (i almost won on level 6/10 on the 500m race last saturday. my target is winning on level 8/10 on the 1000m race)

I'm taking a break this week - I'm burnt out with work and other projects, plus deadlines are haunting me, so I better take care of business most part of the week.

It was time to take a break anyway.

@geri: it was originally for exchanging experiences and suggestions on training and related topics (example: nutrition, equipment etc). it then got derailed and ended up part chat, part discussion about my tr00 gender. anyway, it seems to be back on track, so i'll ask a question of plintus and the rest of the gang: do you take supplements? on wednesday i complained to my trainer about frequent muscle tears and fatigue, and he gave me 2 suggestions: eat 5 times a day rather than 3 to keep insulin levels more or less constant, and drink vitamin B supplements with my mid-afternoon meal. i'm not really keen on the idea, i'd much rather have fruit or yogurt etc, but apparently vitamins of the B group are hard to come in large quantities in food. i asked my mom, who is a biology graduate, and she sent me a list of foods containing vitamin B - which confused me. experience from supplement-takers please?

I'm taking A-B(12?)-C-D-E vitamins + ginkgo and ginseng sometimes (not really recommended) + try to drink water mostly; can't say there was any vast difference - may be I'm not paying attention, - but I don't feel bad either. Plus it's recommended tot ake supplements in winter time anyway.