The (Un)official Royal Carnage forum picture page

DpgGH.jpg

I wonder what the settings are on this pic.

beautiful! my house is smaller and i pay $1075 per month (not including heat/electricity/etc). what do you guys pay?

879.52200 U.S. dollars including heat but not electricity/internet/water etc but I don't really think house market shitz can be compared straight off like that, especially not in different countries and all of that. This is still hella cheap though, just keeping a house this size warm through Swedish winters would normally cost close to that!

879.52200 U.S. dollars including heat but not electricity/internet/water etc but I don't really think house market shitz can be compared straight off like that, especially not in different countries and all of that. This is still hella cheap though, just keeping a house this size warm through Swedish winters would normally cost close to that!

damn, the housing prices must be different because that would be a ridiculous bargain over here seeing as how that place looks amazing. but the winters over here are expensive in a very similar way. it costs like $600 to fill up the oil tank! big WTF (this is coming from someone who is in their first private house). i suppose its a huge tank though

not that many years ago, in a 2 family house I lived in, the landlord was paying about $900/month to fill up the oil tank.
it was an especially cold winter but still.

everything about house ownership scares me in the NY area.

yes, nobody wants to live in the countryside of northern sweden so prices are p. low

packing my bags.

1075/month is actually a great deal for my house. wish i had a picture to show, but i don't. hard to say what the square footage is, but probably about 900-1200. two floors, one bathroom. its old as hell, our bedroom floor is bowed to the point where i find myself falling over when i get out of bed (to be stopped by the wall). so we sort of have the mattress propped up with various cook-books. it doesnt bother me but my girlfriend is used to some fancy upscale new jersey place. oh well!

You bastards have it good. I'm in the shittiest city in this country, living in one of the dogiest houses in one of the dodgiest neighbourhoods, and we pay $1960 a month for a 3 bedroom shit-hole. Plus utilities, and the aircon is on nearly permanently. Granted, I live with 3 others so the share is affordable, but it's still over the fucking moon compared to you foreign bastards.

you can buy a big old house for $20000 no problem

but there are no jobs

In Rundvik or inlandet yes, but if you want a place with some kind of functionality/standards along the coast (even outside the cities) it's a bit more expensive. This house (1400 sqf/floor, but half the upper floor is a kallvind, not isolated etc whatever that may be called, but then there's a laundry room and some storage space in the cellar and a warm garage to make up for it).

If you're handy and/or rich and like nature and stuff, there's a million houses just waiting for you. Do iiiit!

EDIT: meant to say that this house was sold to it's current owner for 263000 USD but got distracted along the way

In Rundvik or inlandet yes, but if you want a place with some kind of functionality/standards along the coast (even outside the cities) it's a bit more expensive.
i know this but i'm just saying you can buy a big old house for $20000 no problem

i know this but i'm just saying you can buy a big old house for $20000 no problem
http://www.blocket.se/vasterbotten/Hus_i_Ava_29740481.htm?ca=2&w=1

http://www.blocket.se/vasterbotten/Hus_i_Rundvik_30_000___eller_bud_30078391.htm?ca=2&w=202&last=1

http://www.hemnet.se/beskrivning/912716?r=3

http://www.hemnet.se/beskrivning/817156?r=3

Mos def.

There was an awesome huuuuge västerbottensgård in Nyåker for sale for quite a long time for $43000 that was a mega awesome deal if you wanna live in Nyåker (v. beautiful location i kid you not on that house), but I think it's sold now.