Ys Book I & II like that?! :yell:

hell yeah ys

got it for frickin master system

Ys_SMS_Box.JPG

How can you guys tell those apart?!
lets see how much of a fucking nerd i am

on top: ps triple
row 1: famicom + disk system, ???, atari 7800, ???, nes, nes top loader
row 2: super famicom (or european snes), mega drive 1, neo geo aes, ???, turbografx 16, american snes
row 3: mega drive 2, saturn, panasonic 3do, pc engine duo, playstation 1, atari jaguar
row 4: dreamcast, neo geo cd, xbox, fat ps2, nintendo 64, gamecube

this is all well and good but wheres the sega master system, jeez

i remember when neo geo came out it was like some crazy stuff ... super advanced for the time I believe ... and I think it only had like a 10-20 game library?!?! and then died ...

someone tell the truth

Missing a few Sega things is lame. I mean I was never a Sega dude as a kid but come on, that's a big chunk of console gaming history right there. No Master System, Sega CD, or 32X? I'm bitching because I'm jealous really. I bought a PS3 and 99% of its valuable time is spent playing CDs, DVDs, and Netflix streaming. I just don't have time for video games, other than every few years playing ROMs late at night. Hellz yes I beat Super Metroid and Splatterhouse in 2010, that was fun as fuck. I got stuck on Demon's Crest toward the end, used to beat that one all the time but have now become a failure. Also I gave up playing a translation of Ys IV but only because I didn't have a controller at the time. Need to go back to that. Fuckin' snow spider fuckin' bastard, I'LL GET YOU YET.

Neo Geo was awesome but $200 for one game was a pretty steep asking price. I think I blew $75 on Final Fantasy III (aka VI) when it came out, that was a substantial purchase. I laugh when people say video games are too expensive these days. They launch at $50 or $60 and then are $20 to $40 within a few months. If video games kept up with inflation like everything else they would be $12,000 each by now.

yeah, games are infinitely more complex than what I played in the early 90s and yet cost the same

usually paid the equiv of $110 each for new snes games back in 93-94

that's in 1993 money, too

and sell five quadrillion more

this is not really true fwiw

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/

the economics are pretty complex

aaa+ blockbuster super mega games nowadays cost UNHOLY AMOUNTS OF MONEY to make but anywhere from ~$0 (digital download) to ~$0.25 (dvd disc) to make/distribute

in the 80's and first half of the 90's it was still feasible for one or two guys to make an entire game in a few months and have it become a hit. but then, the actual cartridges (full with expensive-as-shit memory chips,) diskettes and thick manuals actually cost real money to produce.

so nowadays you're paying more for the work that went into the game, and less for the actual physical product

Won't have to, we're cursed for taking rocks from the ruins of Dzibilchaltun!

Yeah when I saw the Titanic background, we just had to do it. Too cheesy to pass up :loco:

i remember when neo geo came out it was like some crazy stuff ... super advanced for the time I believe ... and I think it only had like a 10-20 game library?!?! and then died ...

someone tell the truth

Before I was into music, I was a straight-up Neo-Geo fanboy. Had the AES, cd, Neo Pocket, and a sweet MVS (like the actual standing arcade cabinet) at one point. I remember working at my dad's factory for like a whole summer so I could fork over the $350 for a new copy of Metal Slug 3. There were probably around 65 games, and a lot of them are timeless classics.