The (Un)official Royal Carnage forum picture page

We've paid for the facility reservations, food, our clothing, rings, marriage license, and a few decorations. Basically all we felt would be necessary for the wedding and reception. The mother-in-law is paying for all of this extra crap she wants to have. There's no way we'd pay for this stuff.:err:

wow, you've paid for quite a lot out of your own pocket. i like the Euro tradition where the bride's family pays for todo completo. :loco:

How much did it all come out to if you don't mind me asking? Your share?

So far, out of our pockets, about $2600 including our rings (not the engagement ring, though). Give or take a few hundred...I might be forgetting some things. I think we've done a pretty good job finding deals, though. The extras that the mother-in-law has to have are gonna cost another $1000, or so I estimate. Probably more since she keeps thinking up more and more things we've just got to have or else the world will end. My poor momma, she's bought a few flowers and is paying for my cake.

Still not a bad overall price, even with the extras. We're saving so many hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars by having the reception at my friend's Indian restaurant. When I mentioned I might consider having my reception there, he asked me what my price range was. I said $800; he said $700 (I get a deal because he's always adored my boobs). Soooo $700 it is, plus a bottle of his favorite scotch. He's shutting the place down for the afternoon, giving us free reign over the place, and making a kickass Indian buffet for 60-70 people. The front counter will be turned into a bar! There's also a large patio outside to handle some overflow of people. Gonna be awesome. Looking forward to this is what keeps me going :loco:

samosahut3.jpg

samosahut2.jpg

samosahut1.jpg

One of the wife's friend's wedding cost upwards of $50,000.....and she has two sisters, both of which surely demanded a similar amount be spent on them. So, I figure Dad spent around $150,000 on weddings. :lol: And one of them got divorced like a year later hahahahahahahahahahahaha

:lol:

My fiance's brother's wedding cost $30,000, paid for by his wife's parents. Very snazzy and complete with fireworks...ugh. I don't want to say it to her face, but I think that part of the reason why James' mom is going crazy is to make our wedding somewhat comparable to that show. Not gonna happen. And yeah, they're on the verge of divorce now, a year and a half later. Spending that kind of money on a wedding is such a waste, period.

I definitely like those rangs. Went pretty simple with mine, which I lost in the ocean a year later, but my replacement looks the same. DISPOSABLE TUNGSTEN CARBIDE FTW.

Including rings I think our wedding cost $5,000 or so. Her family paid for half of that, yippee. Most people I've talked to that had The Big Ceremony later said "nope, not worth it." Personally I loved mine, including the one awkward family/fight moment which was hilarious. But it was paid off in a few months, so yay. Now all we have left is the unending life-sucking pain of a loveless marriage... :erk:

:loco: