The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

And that ol' Nahar aye? Sounds like my kind of thing. Will research/listen/pontificate!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been drinking every day for about 6 consecutive weeks, with a one day exception. Summer vacation is pretty great but I have no idea how I'll manage to get myself off the daily beer thing now that I'm working and expected to be productive and respectable again :(

I have been drinking every day for about 6 consecutive weeks, with a one day exception. Summer vacation is pretty great but I have no idea how I'll manage to get myself off the daily beer thing now that I'm working and expected to be productive and respectable again :(
Foam Dome for hands free operation. Although it is more polite to remove one's hat indoors I suppose. You can fill a CamelBak with beer in that case.

Also if you still get summer vacations in your 20s I am official jealous. American Work Ethic demands that we pretend to work all the time, but never actually get anything done.

Also if you still get summer vacations in your 20s I am official jealous. American Work Ethic demands that we pretend to work all the time, but never actually get anything done.

Dude. In Sweden you get five weeks vacation, with at least three consecutive weeks placed in the middle of our lovely summer. That's just how shit works here, and almost all exceptions are by choice. And we have good healthcare and free education and great nature etc etc.

No, you can take two, three whatever.

I get 6 weeks off every year + about 4 days of my choosing + 4 company chosen days (klämdagar).

If I took four weeks off I wouldn't have a job anymore. And I'm the fucking boss. Even on days when I love America, our health insurance system and lack of paid time off are both atrocious things deserving of worldwide spite. My wife and I get 2 paid weeks off plus a handful of holidays. Woo Fucking Hoo.

I've never been to Sweden but it's always seemed like one of those places that if/when I go, I'll never want to leave. The first winter would probably be a bit of a shock to my system (it's 105ºF today and very lovely according to me), but everything else seems great. And I'd probably acclimate to the weather. Eventually. Or die, in which case it wouldn't be a problem any longer.

No, you can take two, three whatever.

I get 6 weeks off every year + about 4 days of my choosing + 4 company chosen days (klämdagar).

Your employer is required by law to give you at least 5 weeks a year of vacation, of which 4 weeks must be consecutive and during June, July and/or August, if you request it, is what we're saying.

Naturally you can turn it down, but he can't.

My wife has family in Stockholm. She also suggested that we get the fuck outta SoCal this morning. Hmm I say, hmm indeed.

I would love to make a major move some day. I've literally lived within an 100 mile radius from my place of birth my entire life.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, and I have done some decent traveling, but I have no long term experience outside of ye olde personal dome, as it were.

My wife has family in Stockholm. She also suggested that we get the fuck outta SoCal this morning. Hmm I say, hmm indeed.

I would love to make a major move some day. I've literally lived within an 100 mile radius from my place of birth my entire life.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, and I have done some decent traveling, but I have no long term experience outside of ye olde personal dome, as it were.

Nad, some of our similarities are freakish

Desert rats stay dry together, yo. Or something. Hey I might be in AZ this October, we need to share whisky one of these days.

If you are let me know and I will make sure you get shitfaced on quality scotch

If you are let me know and I will make sure you get shitfaced on quality scotch
Sounds like a plan of plans.

Sitting in my car because I always arrive early for gigs. Another biker bar, one more tank of gas, and further damage to my hearing. Cool.

I get six weeks off, pay $50 a month for uber good insurance, and don't do fuck all aside from posting on forums. With that being said, it's killing my soul to work with tards.

How many god damn times do I have to hear about my co-worker's vaping hobby on a daily basis?