The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

i need more wool socks

1/2 breaker bar
3/8 breaker bar
boots to combat the god damn winter

Kenneth or whoever. I'm redoing my system for my computer.
I ordered a pair of Polk Monitor 30 speakers. I'm looking on ebay for a receiver. Not sure what to use.
And I'm going to get a Polk psw10 subwoofer.

Anyways. What should I use for a receiver.

Peachtree Audio

Do it

Yeah, but then you'd just utilize the iPod cradle. If listening to music on your computer, get a computer system.

Or the Sonos thing if you wanna go wireless.

My bro-in-law somehow plays his music from his main system wirelessly from his iPad as well but exactly sure how since I am not interested in it for myself.

Logitech Squeezebox used to be the easiest way to facilitate that. Nowadays there's about a million different ways to do it. A computer running a media server like MediaBrowser 3 passing audio to your stereo would mean all you need is the client application on an Apple, Android, Roku, or PC and give you direct access to whatever content (movies, music) you have shared.

Regarding what Krig wants to do - he wants a cheap speaker/receiver combo to connect to his PC as his sound instead of shelling out for shitty "computer" speakers. Lots of people doing that these days.

Don't fuck around with this - any receiver around $100 off craigslist will do, just make sure it accepts spdif (optical) or HDMI as an input to keep your life super simple.

whatever happened to buying a long-ass rca cable and connecting it to your Stereo System

is that not hi-tech enough these days

Not all motherboards these days have coaxial out connections, whereas virtually anything in recent memory that I can think of has SPDIF through toslink (optical).

Most recent ones also have HDMI. It's more about convenience and not what is "high-tech".