The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

I think with that post I now have to delete my old Id of NAD pseudo fake account. That dude is clearly fucking dead.

Jesus Christ this forum sucks.
You know what doesn't suck? Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F motherfuckin major

Neither does White Zombie's "Black Sunshine", especially the spoken voice parts

A concrete dorian, scraping the edge of nothing

Edit: Oh, nevermind what I said before. I've been offered a full-time, supervisory position where I currently work as a tutor extraordinaire. Earlier I thought I wanted to take it. Now, I'm not so sure. My ultimate goal is to teach, and this supervisor job is often a stepping stone into teaching at the college level. It would, however, really interfere with the rest of my schooling. I'm nowhere near having the master's degree I'll need for teaching college. Oddly enough, a master's degree is usually required for the position in question, so this is kind of a rare opportunity for me. Finding a good teaching job in the future may not be a sure thing, and with this job I'd be making more than I would as an adjunct professor. I have to decide by next Monday.

I DON'T KNOW.

Just keep going and get your masters.
When you land a job at a college (you'll probably have to move to find something), make that college pay for you to get a PhD there. Stay on as a prof and get tenure.
Win.

That's probably a sound decision. Just staying on as a tutor is also a good segue into teaching; several tutors I've worked with did just that after they received the proper credentials. As long as the head of the English department doesn't die before I'm finished, then I've pretty much got a teaching job at this school when the time comes. Maybe only as an adjunct to start, but I have confidence that I could get beyond that at this school or another.

You almost always have to start with adjunct, or else get a grad assistantship. Even though often can expect to play the adjunct game until you have experience and/scholarship to put on your CV

All my years of tutoring count as teaching experience for this particular college district, which is awesome. And it's also fair because I do teach the students more than many of the professors do.:loco:

I'm kinda wanting to stay with the college I'm at, or at least within the district since my foot is already somewhat in the door.

All my years of tutoring count as teaching experience for this particular college district, which is awesome. And it's also fair because I do teach the students more than many of the professors do.:loco: I'm kinda wanting to stay with the college I'm at, or at least within the district since my foot is already somewhat in the door.

If you have made connections at a school that is the best thing. Stay if you can.

What is your area of specialty?

English is my major and what I plan to teach. At work I'm a writing and reading tutor, so I tutor all levels of English, ESL, and anything else that involves writing or reading. The nursing students who come in for help with their papers always have that deer-in-headlights look. Glad I didn't go that route. :loco:

Heading to the woods for several days. Bringing mp3 collections of Agalloch, Amber Asylum, and Allman Brothers. The letter A is Awesome.