The (Unofficial) write anything you want page - part 2

I remember sitting at a bar with similar aged friends one time and I said "hey guys, guess what? 20 years ago.....it was 1990." Someone threw a menu at my face, and boos were yelled.

That was 11 years ago (yes I had to do the math).

Reactions: ~Neurotica
dissection "the somberlain"* is as old today as the beatles' first album was when the somberlain came out

* and "covenant", and "under a funeral moon", and "heartwork", and "skydancer", [...] pick whatever makes you feel the oldest

dissection "the somberlain"* is as old today as the beatles' first album was when the somberlain came out
I really want this to be the motto on Royal Carnage Shirt #3 because it makes me very, very happy.

EDIT: including an asterisk that leads to nowhere because that's just good satire.

1995 > 2021
anally raped by 2 dudes > anally raped by 3 dudes
Storm of the Light's Bane > Meet the Beatles

What I think about time wise, ALL the time, is that we're already dead.

Nothing stopping this locomotive into the abyss. Look back 30 years, it went by in a blink. What filled that time in your past to this present moment? In another blink you're gone, and even the most infantile human, even those yet born are also dead.

Nothing can stop time, but one can slow it down to a degree. This is by living well. Only by living well can you slow the clock down. How does one live well? Unplug, set goals, dont shove sebaceous laden skewers down your cheesepipe, be loved, and love those worthy of this finite commodity we call time.

If one can have an impact on another human being's life, all the best. Some little legacy can be cast forth. Too many people piss away the gift of life on the mundane. They cast crotch fruit from their loins and call it a life well lived. This without even spending a second to rear what they bore.

Progeny aside, how many of us let the years be set adrift relegated in one's own comfort zone? The adult womb of the techno era, too frigid to break past this embryonic fluid and take risks worth taking. Dont die with ragrets kinfolk, time is an illusion, idleness is the only reality.

* and "covenant", and "under a funeral moon", and "heartwork", and "skydancer", [...] pick whatever makes you feel the oldest

1c941ea3619aed9de36ec61914b34849.gif

Reactions: einride
yall are some negative mofos. ive got my health (sort of), a good job, great kids and my dick still works (even if it didnt...blue pills).

gotta keep on Livin'

My psoriasis is coming back after 6 years free. It's been creeping up ever since that absurdly cold week in February. Going to start tanning tomorrow to get it under control. That's always what has worked best.

When I taught about Ancient Egypt I would tell my students that more time elapsed between the construction of the Great Pyramid of Giza and the death of Cleopatra than from Cleopatra's death to today. The ancient world was cool.

What I think about time wise, ALL the time, is that we're already dead.

Progeny aside, how many of us let the years be set adrift relegated in one's own comfort zone? The adult womb of the techno era, too frigid to break past this embryonic fluid and take risks worth taking. Dont die with ragrets kinfolk, time is an illusion, idleness is the only reality.

This reminded me of this article I read: http://deathtotheworld.com/articles/2020-vision-from-blindness-to-sight-in-the-age-of-collapse/

Written from an Orthodox Christian perspective but speaking to some of the same issues of reality, technology, priorities, etc.

While i certainly want the world to improve for my kids sake.....a little bitty selfish part of me would love to see it crumble. Preferably when Im in my 70s or 80s

tenor.gif