The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

LOL at you people for not getting why were putting philoso with ghosts n moomins and everything.

Look into it.

LOL at you people for not getting why were putting philoso with ghosts n moomins and everything.

Look into it.
hsugh.gif

Being slightly amused that while listening to the first track of the debut Sabbath album my media player window reads...

Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath

...and about to go to bed so I can get up and eat cake and ice cream for my birthday later!

Back from those jobs. I made 75 bucks for today and yesterday combined. And my father just gave me a ton more to use for my trip to Buffalo/Toronto tomorrow.

Fail.

I'm not quite comfortable with calling you a failure on the account that you may indeed be retarded.

NOPE

Philosophy is the discipline concerned with questions of how one should live (ethics); what sorts of things exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics); what counts as genuine knowledge (epistemology); and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).[1][2] The word is of Greek origin: φιλοσοφία (philosophía), meaning love of wisdom.

then the wikipedia article lists the different doctrines. Actually one of them; Idealism suggests that you kind of make things real by your senses picking up on things that would suggest it's existance. So.... ooh that ghostly hand oohhh hahaha :lol:

anyway basically if you can reason your way of thinking then you're fine. so no it's only real to whoever came up with that one. I don't know if all these doctrines agree with each other but I don't think so so...

well for one it exists and it also has departments in every major university in the world

Fuck off.

It's just a bunch of bollocks you can make up on the spot.

It just happens to be more accepted because ghosts are less believable than a bunch of crap like an arrow doesn't really reach you because it has infinite amount of space to go through.

Socrates life was as wasted as Jason Hawes.

I seriously fear for my own safety at this point. My boner could explode any moment now. I only have to make it 5 more minutes. Pray for me.

Fuck off.

It just happens to be more accepted because ghosts are less believable than a bunch of crap like an arrow doesn't really reach you because it has infinite amount of space to go through.

Philosophy is only stupid if you're a fucking retard and make it retarded. Philosophy is about thinking outside the box and actually questioning how the world works and why it works that way. Philosophy can also just boil down to what you personally think and act like and why. Before you say that Socrates' life was wasted, maybe you should realize that he influences a great amount how the modern world thinks today, which is amazing since he lived about 1500 years ago.

Ghosts are always seen by crack heads and idiots who see some mist after they get out of a hot shower and think its a ghost, or if you're a dumb ass and forgot what you did you attribute your unexplainable dumb ass actions as paranormal. Ghosts are nothing but the manifestations of a paranoia of urban myths.

I think I've explained my self well enough already. I don't think Philosophy is bollocks though.

Fuck off.

You're absolutely, completely, totally full of shit. Why don't you take a few upper division philosophy of science courses and then come and tell me that shit is "just a bunch of bollocks you can make up on the spot."