The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

LOL at the elevator music playing while I wait for the meeting to start (I'm also doing this conference over the phone as well. Hearing what they are saying is kinda important)

I hate phone conferences. I'm chairing a couple of them every month...at least I'm done for the month of June. :erk:

i just finished my promotion test. i felt more comfortable with it this time. so we shall see if i made it this year.

now i am sitting at home enjoying a grilled porkchop with bombay potatos. i'm also wishing i didnt have to go back to work. i'm the only one in my shop who isnt gone though. oh well
~gR~

you_fag.jpg

Right now I'm reading the paper about something pretty terrible that happened about a block from my house.

So, my friend and I were driving down this street on our way home when this fire truck rushed past us. We thought nothing of it... just another fire, so we turned back because we saw that it had stopped at the end of the street and we wanted to avoid traffic, etc. As we pulled into my driveway about 10 cop cars passed us and rushed to block the highway exit into my town. This is what happened: Evidently, this man and his wife had an altercation because she wanted to leave him and pursue her previous career. Things became heated and somehow he ended up murdering her (I'm not entirely sure how- though the paper does infer that there were stab wounds on her person.) So, I'm assuming because he wanted to hide any and all evidence, he set her on their bed and then set her on fire... just as their children were coming home. Their kids saw their dead mother on fire then watched their father run out of the house. Soon enough the house caught fire and that's where the fire truck comes in. The kids were alright (as alright as they could possibly be) and the father was found and detained. Nothing like this has happened in at least 5 years, and it's very scary to think that this was all going on and I was down the block having a swell old time with a friend.:erk:

Shit like that happens all the time in my area. But more in Baltimore.

Right now I'm reading the paper about something pretty terrible that happened about a block from my house.

So, my friend and I were driving down this street on our way home when this fire truck rushed past us. We thought nothing of it... just another fire, so we turned back because we saw that it had stopped at the end of the street and we wanted to avoid traffic, etc. As we pulled into my driveway about 10 cop cars passed us and rushed to block the highway exit into my town. This is what happened: Evidently, this man and his wife had an altercation because she wanted to leave him and pursue her previous career. Things became heated and somehow he ended up murdering her (I'm not entirely sure how- though the paper does infer that there were stab wounds on her person.) So, I'm assuming because he wanted to hide any and all evidence, he set her on their bed and then set her on fire... just as their children were coming home. Their kids saw their dead mother on fire then watched their father run out of the house. Soon enough the house caught fire and that's where the fire truck comes in. The kids were alright (as alright as they could possibly be) and the father was found and detained. Nothing like this has happened in at least 5 years, and it's very scary to think that this was all going on and I was down the block having a swell old time with a friend.:erk:

That's awful... I feel really terrible for those kids...

Like Angry Dragons.
Or angry pirates.
Or the houdini.

Nightmares Made Flesh sucks
You = dead to me.

I find it exciting. Fuck all of you.
Loser.

:lol:
Sorry, but that's funny to me. I need to stop listening to death metal.

Shit like that happens all the time in my area. But more in Baltimore.
My impression of Baltimore comes from watching the Wire and also everyone I know who's ever been there says it's a fucking shithole.

Lies, Baltimore is awesome. Just the bay is far from what people say it is. Theres a layer of sludge and shit about 6 inches thick floating on it. Or at least near the shore. But Baltimore is safe as long as you stay out of the bad areas at night.

Lies, Baltimore is awesome. Just the bay is far from what people say it is. Theres a layer of sludge and shit about 6 inches thick floating on it. Or at least near the shore. But Baltimore is safe as long as you stay out of the bad areas at night.

Bad areas i.e. most of the city?

I realize that the odds of getting shot walking down the street are obviously very low. I meant that it has mad crime - high murder rate and much drugs.