TOOL: question for NON-American Opeth fans

"Maybe the beauty and meaning becomes a little bit better, but never the music"

I wasn't meaning music in the literal sense, as in drums, guitars, bass, etc, being enhanced by the lyrics. I was speaking of the music in the sense of how you said -- beauty and meaning.

i remember the first time i heard tool.. "what the hell is this shit? what garbage!"

then my friend gave me lateralus, and i actually listened to the whole album. totally different experience. i loved the way they put stuff together... amazing

To me, they are a very "hit or miss" band. Some of their material is absolutely amazing, and some is fucking horseshit.

Although, i do believe they have the single worst fan-base of any band out there...

And i enjoy A Perfect Circle 3 times fold.

Pancakes said:
They're good. I only rarely listen to them, though.

Same. But I mostly blame that on the fact that my Tool CDs are all so scratched that I can hardly play them. Ain't listening to em in AGES...but I still like them. I should give my Tool CDs a clean and see if I can sucessfully burn em onto my comp.

Yeah, Tool ARE really good, but for me they're a band that I don't listen to much.

While its still recent, I did enjoy the new APC album. Except for the cover they did: 'the nurse who loved me'. That fucking sucked. Broke up the whole feel of the album and everything

I hate them with affection. Their life shows are uninteresting and almost boring which is amazing in itself. the music i've heard is awful, plus their music videos are shit. None of the members interest me, and what else pisses me off is that everyone else seems to love them and i cant see why.

There were not that many people at a club gig A Perfect Circle did waiting for the band and Maynard must have come out and went striaght to his bus as well as their guitarist, Billy Howerdel. Then, later on, Danny Carrey came out and seemed annoyed at everyone who was simply asking for autographs. He just seemed very arrogant. I admit that Tool are a good band, but I do not see the big deal about Maynard. A lot of people would eat shit to touch Maynard and I do not understand why. I just cannot listen to them anymore because of the incident. A lot of people think that I am ridiculous because of this, but I just cannot help it.