Traditional Doom Metal

Any Occultation fans here? Three and Seven was a bit whatevs, but Silence in the Ancestral House has been a favourite of mine ever since it came out. Looking forward to something new from them (or Negative Plane for that matter). Here's a cool live set...

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
Occultation is awesome and Viveca (i think that's her real name... my memory is shit) is a cool chick. I loved Silence in the Ancestral House.

I thought The Wounded Kings came out with a new album before the split? I just checked and they did, Visions in Bone. It's up here for free streaming but havent gotten around to hear it http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-wounded-kings-final-album
Consolmentum was pretty good, it's the only one I have from them though.

Last edited:
Live in the US and they tour every few years it seems. Although, Europe are the lucky fucks that got to see them do all of Born Too Late which, as you know, is my fantasy.

Now, let's get that new Obsessed record.

New Lord Vicar is confirmed wonderful. My cd doesn't separate the tracks for some reason though.

The final The Wounded Kings is great too you faggots.

What other doom albums am I needing this year?

the cough? are you referring to some band other than the stoner doom band Cough?

I've never really been a fan of Stone Magnum.

So, I was wondering, does anyone know of any bands that play blackened doom metal with a traditional bent? I already know about Tristitia, as they are the impetus behind my query.