Traditional Doom Metal

Pretty fucking pumped I just found all three Gods Tower albums from the same guy. Been wanting these forever and they just aren't available stateside. I actually had to get them from a Russian seller on discogs which I'm not a fan of but at least he will ship registered.

If you don't know them, surely anyone who likes folky traditional doom like Solstice, Doomsword, or Scald should at least check them out.

The Eerie
The Turns (probably best)
Steel Says Last

Reactions: CiG
I found them highly overrated once I found their albums, maybe ill give em another chance

Aside from seeing them mentioned on this board (probably years ago) I've never seen them mentioned anywhere else, ever.

Overrated and underrated are just buzz words when you're talking about music anyway.

Reactions: CiG
Might as well put that The Obsessed song in the stoner thread. That hasn't got much of anything at all to do with traditional doom any more.

Pretty much everything Wino's been involved with that I've heard (except for 'Vitus) has been way too stoner influenced anyway.

Even then, you can hear that southern rock influence. I don't mind it but it's there.

My problem with his stoner stuff is that it isn't even that good. He skates by on his name on most of that nonsense.

Reactions: Vilden
I'm not sure I really hear that stoner influence in that song specifically, but I do agree that most of Wino's other projects have a stoner quality to them. I really dig them because I'm a gushing fanboy but he definitely pulls it off better then something like Bongzilla. Gross.

Also, how can you not talk about stoner doom and not hear that in Vitus as well?