Traditional Doom Metal

Also, I'm not saying that Vitus is a stoner doom band. Far from. I'm just saying that I definitely hear that typical Vitus riff/tone in a lot of stoner doom bands. I think Vitus (and the Obsessed as well) have more in common with punk and blues than stoner music.

Got my copy of Heartless today. Will listen to it some time late tonight. Try to drink some alcohol and get sad or something first.

I blasted most of it today. It's weird and kinda dull upon first listen tbh. Lots of softer spots with these weird sludgey and gnarly riffs that just don't quite sound right to me, but whatever.

I wonder if his presence has anything to do with the somewhat sudden traditional heavy metal elements surfacing in D666...

That's certainly a plausible theory. I know that Sharpnel helped write parts of the Defiance album which could explain why the album suffered a bit so I could see Keith wanting the other members to contribute to songwriting. It should also be noted that Felipe plays guitar in Nifelheim as well. Another huge fucking band.

So Metal on Metal records is finally releasing No Laughing Matter from The Lamp of Thoth on cd. It's listed as an ep but in the same way Harbinger of Metal is annnnd they stuck the uber rare cassette only demo This is Not Doom! In with it and relabeled the release This is Not a Laughing Matter.

jesus, you like that EP? that is legitimately terrible =/

I've never listened to it tbh. Just saw the re-release and I think theres some guys that like the band here.

I do like the demo though, I've got one of the 200 copies in my music room.