Traditional Doom Metal

True. I do love Church Of Misery, though I think they should have had a different vocalist their entire career if I was going to be a salty bastard. Their new record should be awesome because they finally have a vocalist I find palatable.

Honestly, I am not sure where I draw the line with stoner doom metal these days. Like, if you talk about getting ripped on bongs and 4/20 then you are stoner doom but if you sound just like those bands but sing about, say, a movie like Headless Eyes, then you aren't because you aren't singing about bong rips and Satan and shit. Stoner doom might be the only genre actually classified by lyrical content? I don't know.

Time to Die is fucking horrible and probably their worst album.

So The Obsessed is playing in WV next month. (With two stoner rock bands)

My question is... Are they still worth seeing? Has anyone seen them recently? I know they were great but I have no idea what their line up is or anything currently.

Well, I just saw Spirit Caravan last year and they were quite good. This current Obsessed lineup is sadly with Greg Rogers on drums. Not sure why but I suspect it has something to do with his obligations in Goatsnake and Wino's addiction problems. That being said, Dave Sherman is handling the bass duties so that will be cool. It's basically the Spirit Caravan lineup but instead going under the name of The Obsessed. The lack of Greg is a bummer since his drumming are among my favorites in all of doom but Wino still sounds wonderful. He's aged like a fine wine and his guitar playing is still lightning fast.

I can't fucking wait to see them. They better play River of Soul though.

Reactions: CiG
So I saw them and had a fantastic fucking time. Wonderful setlist. Wino's guitar tone was massive and delicious. Those Tyrant amps that he uses are amazing sound. The other dudes in the band are great. Obviously Sherman's bass tone was powerful and Brian's drumming was great. The man broke like 7 sticks during their set. It did feel a little different without Greg on the drums, but it worked. River of Soul was particularly amazing, as Wino's guitar failed right before the final solo so I got to watch him rip his strings off and throw his guitar down at the end of the song. You could feel the anger and frustration there.

Also, they played this fucker. I love it. Short and sweet. Angry as hell. Pure Obsessed.

Reactions: CiG
I had no idea these guys were back making music, and with Bert Hall Jr. of Revelation and Against Nature on bass!

@CASSETTEISGOD

Also, for any interested parties, we have these in stock as well as T-Shirts. Hit me up if you want one. $7 shipped USA. People around the world will pay more because customs.

13310402_1049145558472557_6027527602359601915_n.jpg

Last edited:
You can get a tape deck that you could plug right into your sound system or receiver off of craiglist for cheap to even free.

And making professional-quality CDs are expensive as hell while dubbing our own tapes is far more cost efficient.