Traditional Doom Metal

I was going to take advantage of eBay's new policy where sellers can't leave retaliatory negative feedback against buyers for giving them negative feedback by nailing the sellers who have sent me bootlegs. The problem is, although I purchased my copy of The Obsessed from Greece and therefor now suspect it's a bootleg, I'm not able to confirm this. Can someone who has an original copy confirm or deny the pressing: Hellhound Rec. West Germany, SPV 084-69072, UPC 4001617680728. The rear insert has LC 7212 printed in the bottom right corner. It arrived still shrink-wrapped which makes it almost an obvious bootleg since it hasn't been pressed since 1990.

I just got this from ebay as well, though I bought mine from the US. It's got the same numbers as yours. Does your copy have SPV 084-68072 printed on the underside of the cd itself? Mine came in a plastic sleeve as well, so I'm starting to suspect I've been duped too.

I just got this from ebay as well, though I bought mine from the US. It's got the same numbers as yours. Does your copy have SPV 084-68072 printed on the underside of the cd itself? Mine came in a plastic sleeve as well, so I'm starting to suspect I've been duped too.

I was going to take advantage of eBay's new policy where sellers can't leave retaliatory negative feedback against buyers for giving them negative feedback by nailing the sellers who have sent me bootlegs. The problem is, although I purchased my copy of The Obsessed from Greece and therefor now suspect it's a bootleg, I'm not able to confirm this. Can someone who has an original copy confirm or deny the pressing: Hellhound Rec. West Germany, SPV 084-69072, UPC 4001617680728. The rear insert has LC 7212 printed in the bottom right corner. It arrived still shrink-wrapped which makes it almost an obvious bootleg since it hasn't been pressed since 1990.

Post this in the SKR forum... they will know.

Which Obsessed btw?

I've been listening to quite a bit of Minotauri lately, such a killer band. Paid Love is totally crushing! The live version even more so.
I like Cemetary Shadows the most I think. Overall is the EP their best effort I think. II didn't hold up to the s/t and the EP though imo, but need to hear it more.

On another note, Weird Light has totally blown me away, especially Gogmagog. It's so sad that they split up after one demo. Oh well, they did atleast make two songs. That's dubble the amount of what Solomon Kane succeeded in. :p

Mine has IN 084-68072 01 on the underside.

Post this in the SKR forum... they will know.

Which Obsessed btw?

Self-titled

The new Ogre is FUCKING awesome!
Ogre is almost a little too '70s Rock influence for me. Obviously, they're good and they have modern elements of Doom, but sometimes they come off a little too '70s worship and I find myself asking why I don't just listen to Blue Cheer or Sir Lord Baltimore or Captain Beyond. But they are pretty enjoyable nonetheless.

I like Cemetary Shadows the most I think. Overall is the EP their best effort I think. II didn't hold up to the s/t and the EP though imo, but need to hear it more.

On another note, Weird Light has totally blown me away, especially Gogmagog. It's so sad that they split up after one demo. Oh well, they did atleast make two songs. That's dubble the amount of what Solomon Kane succeeded in. :p

Yeah that demo is awesome, hopefully the album will still be coming out.

The new Ogre is FUCKING awesome!

How does it compare to Seven Hells? I love that record.

Ogre is almost a little too '70s Rock influence for me. Obviously, they're good and they have modern elements of Doom, but sometimes they come off a little too '70s worship and I find myself asking why I don't just listen to Blue Cheer or Sir Lord Baltimore or Captain Beyond. But they are pretty enjoyable nonetheless.

Agreed. They're good enough, just not my thing.

I could agree with you on their first album, but Seven Hells was so much doomier. Their new one is easily their best. I feel they've grown into their own band.
Yeah that demo is awesome, hopefully the album will still be coming out.

How does it compare to Seven Hells? I love that record.

Fucking great. I have a review coming soon, it's done, I just have to post it.

Any similiar doom recs for Trouble and Candlemass? I got Solitude and liking them as well

There's a ton. Find one of the epic/traditional doom threads in the Recs forum.

Is there a thread for other kinds of Doom?

Yes, you'd have to search it out.

I want to post a big picture of the album cover for "Dance of December Souls" and put WIN underneath it in big letters...

Don't bother, the album is a blatant win.

For all those interested, Howie from Cauldron Born is going to be starting a new traditional doom project. I am personally anticipating this quite a lot as Cauldron Born is an amazing band, and I know Howie has the true metal spirit that will come through in his future work.