Traditional Doom Metal

I've been meaning to check them out for a while now. Good stuff.
There are some demo tracks floating around YouTube as well.

Just found the track-listing for the Pallbearer album:

01. Foreigner
02. Devoid Of Redemption
03. The Legend
04. An Offering Of Grief
05. Given To The Grave

pallbearercover.jpg

Feb. 21 fuckers!

New Hour of 13 as well. And who knows what other upcoming bands are releasing albums this year. I'm still waiting for something by Age of Taurus. Oh, and hopefully my band Olórin will have something released. Be it an EP or full-length.

I seem to remember their older stuff being fucking hard to find, at least in the states.

New Hour of 13 song:

Nothing overly special.... kinda standard I guess... but I like the way it tastes and I'll come back for more until they quit putting stuff out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitus, Sabbath and Candlemass (sadly their last).

I'm looking forward to those as well, three giants of the genre all releasing albums in the same year and hopefully it won't be Candlemass's last album. But if they do finally break up for good it will be for the better I think. They've really pushed their sound as far as it can go and the first couple of albums have quite a legacy to them.

also anyone like Abysmal Grief?

For whatever reason M-A has them pegged as gothic/doom but I dont really see anything overly gothic metal about their music. (except it's very occult in nature and has keyboards... no goofy female vocals or death growls thrown in) It's closer to Paul Chain Violet Theatre.... and they're from Italy. Buying the s/t as I type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAmF8zuk194

I'm a fan...