Traditional Doom Metal

So was the first Pilgrim album any good? I can't really remember it, which is probably a bad sign, but they have a new one coming out soon and hey, the album art is fairly cool.

242zzwi.jpg

The song I heard on youtube was fucking cool.

rms - You weren't kidding there. This is great stuff. Not really sure if it's all that similar to Warning, but its good regardless.

The S/T is my personal favorite, but Psalm 9 is the one I'd recommend in general. Definitely their heaviest and most influential anyways, and has more thrash(-y) riffs than what even a lot of the early speed/thrash bands did at the time.

EDIT: The first five are all excellent though.

Trouble
Manic Frustration
The Skull
Psalm 9

Honestly couldn't care less for the rest of them. These four are worth multiple listens though, daily, for the rest of your life.

Cool, i'll start off with Psalm 9.

I've also never really listened to any Saint Vitus ... i'm guessing Born Too Late is the way to go?

The Obsessed is better than Vitus in my opinion, but when it comes to Vitus -Mournful Cries is my favorite.

Not a big fan of Wino's side projects either. Especially Spirit Caravan and The Hidden Hand. As far as Saint Vitus goes, I would say the s/t album or Born Too Late as my favorite.

Lots of good Traditional Doom Metal out there though. While Heaven Wept, Reverend Bizarre, Atlantean Kodex, Warning, Trouble, Candlemass, Procession, Sinister Realm, Apostle Of Solitude, Hour Of 13 and Pentagram are just a few of my favorites.

Yeah sad news. The guitarist said on his Facebook that due to the news the TGoS are basically done with. Not that familiar with the music with the exception of a few songs here and there I have. Will definitely give them a legit listen soon.

And with the demise of The Gates, comes the demise of Hour of 13.

Cosmic dust. We all return to it from our birthplace. And a long journey it is to make that return. An act so simiple brings forth the begining of that journey, regardless of proper timing...
Upon hearing the news of Jason McCash's passing, it left me extremely awestruck. The late night conversations we had, discussing the mysteries of the universe, the state of modern day Heavy Metal, and the amazing basslines that solidified all of Christian Death's music. All now a thing of the past. And so it brings forth this:
Last night I wrote a song for Jason, a farewell to his unquestionable legacy as one of the most solid bass players in the US Heavy Metal scene. A farewell to his kind and supportive nature. A farewell to the ideas we had tossed around of doing a project in the future.
And with this memoriam brings forth the demise of Hour Of 13.
This is the last and final document of HO13. A document that proves US Heavy Metal is still alive and strong. With many great bands around to continue to carry that flame, there is no better time to let go and begin my own personal journey. Mentally I cannot foresee any other reason to remain active, as all of the bands that mattered in the resurrection of Traditional Heavy Metal have all suffered loss, it only brings about confusion and disdain. This feeling became apparent witht the passing of my celestial brother Selim Lemouchi, and now solidified with the passing of Jason. And so it begins....
Sleep well brothers, and may the experinces you both now have unlock all of the answers to the questions we had always asked.
Regards,
Chad Davis - Hour Of 13

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JTI7IwA8Bxo[/ame]

Godfuckingdamnit

Yes Chad Davis, you are one of the bands that brought back Trad Heavy Metal, and yes, you should steal the spotlight from this man's death. What a douche. Probably begged Swanson to sing for his album again and got denied and quit to continue his beastial thrash project

Damn when it rains it pours.

Maybe I'm insensitive but if someone who I've considered close passed away and we shared music as a common interest, I would probably be even more compelled to make more music.