Traditional Doom Metal

This in't doom, but my taste (and the music) is true enough to post it here. Tarot, side project of Will from The Wizar'd. I haven't heard the new tape yet (it's on the way) but Life And Death is the best thing I've heard all year. Organ heavy Heavy Metal/Hard Rock with beautifully restrained leads and lovely warm production. Listen or blah blah blah.

This was awesome!!

I really liked the new Pallbearer release too. Last fm says try Conan and Dread Sovereign. I need to listen to more Conan but Dread Sovereign is awesome.

I really want to hear Warning, now. Ugh.

However, I listened to the 40 Watt Sun and Revelation's first album and they are both much more impressive than I could have expected. I feel like I've lived under a rock or have just been closed minded toward doom for some reason.

So far Pallbearer, Pentagram, 40 Watt Sun, Revelation, Saint Vitus, and Trouble (except their lyrics...really meh) have not disappointed. Really impressive stuff.

i like the early Revelation releases and Release. They kind of lost me with Yet So Far and Frozen Masque.

first two Count Raven's are excellent

without Pagan Altar, you pose

also, everyone needs The Turns and The Eerie from Gods Tower

unorthodox and blood farmers are worth a listen. a lot of listens

Okay, that is pretty fucking awesome. I'm going to listen to that band right now. I'll start with that album.

All this shit is so amazing and I've overlooked it all for years.

i'm pretty interested in your reaction to warning haha. i have friends who love a lot of this stuff but HATE warning with a passion, so i'm still not sure if you'll like WFAD. the album is here if you wanna give it a go.

i wish there was an awesome genre of metal i overlooked for years so i could hear it all for the first time. maybe there is. oh god... maybe it's blackgaze. :|

(it isn't blackgaze)