Traditional Doom Metal

oh fair enough, i haven't heard their last two. i guess he was just doing his promotiony bs, 'cause i swear he implied it was new material. :/

edit: there is a new EP coming apparently.

cross-posting this from the songs currently kicking my ass thread, 'cause i'm not sure anyone clicks that thing.

some of my fave '80s singles for your perusal:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check this out gents;

Valkyrie's new album comes out in about a month. Huge fan of the band, personally.

Hey guys, does anyone know of any newer doom metal bands I could check out? I'm recently getting into this genre, and, the only one so far Ive checked out was Candlemass. But I'm looking for newer doom metal bands, if they exist . . . I guess I'll have to look pretty hard for that, as the genre's scene itself isnt very large.

so . . . no recommendations for me yet? I'm totally serious about discovering some new doom metal bands, just so you know.

Your tastes have to be more specific. What Candlemass album(s) did you listen to and how did they make you feel. Also why do they have to be new?

Hey guys, does anyone know of any newer doom metal bands I could check out? I'm recently getting into this genre, and, the only one so far Ive checked out was Candlemass. But I'm looking for newer doom metal bands, if they exist . . . I guess I'll have to look pretty hard for that, as the genre's scene itself isnt very large.

Check out Funeral Circle.

Since Leif Edling from Candlemass is involved in this band, check out Avatarium: