US 2008 Paradise Lost Tour

My two cents. While I think bruce is awsome, I don't for a second think that maiden as a band is better the the X. I believe there is about 10 maiden songs which I think are classic. While I think every song since Divine Wings is a none skip except Orion- The Hunter, just don't like all of the song. And like I posted early Russ is a god on stage. Peace

i respectfully dissagree. i think maiden has MANY MANY great classic songs.
your opinion is yours however.

i also dissagree that orion us a skipable song. i love that song.

also Bruce is a GOD on stagetoo. you hae clearly never seen maiden live. i agree that russ is a god on and off stage.

but understand that maiden invented Live godliness.

My two cents. While I think bruce is awsome, I don't for a second think that maiden as a band is better the the X. I believe there is about 10 maiden songs which I think are classic. While I think every song since Divine Wings is a none skip except Orion- The Hunter, just don't like all of the song. And like I posted early Russ is a god on stage. Peace

Yeah, totally fair assessment. Thoguh i also disagree... i think pretty much the entirety of the first seven or so albums are classic with almost no filler whatsoever. Especially KILLERS!!!! But the Bruce stuff rocks my socks, and Maiden is indeed a force onstage... if you haven't had a chance to scope the Live After Death dvd that just came out (was once on VHS... remember that stuff? hahaha) I highly recommend it. You might even be able to netflix it or something if you have that. Either way, it's a pretty solid purchase if only for Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Powerslave (two amazing songs!!!)

Rock :headbang:

Sorry to ruin the flow of the Bruce vs. Russ discussion but I got a question

Does anyone have Into Eternity's setlist? If so, post it please

Also, I'm saving my lunch money right now until May 1st and if I save a $1 a day I'll have $15 so I can buy a Symphony X shirt

lol :)

No, just the part where you said Dickinson has a "whiny" voice. It is quite apparent to me that you don't know much maiden, and thus are not a true metalhead.

And also yeah, not liking Dickinson does equal poser. Sorry.

I'm going to throw in an addition to the new guy since he's not been around here: I like to argue for the sake of argument, even if i have no strong feelings on the matter. I could honestly give two shits about what someone on the internet thinks of iron maiden :lol:

Dude, if that's your deal, more power to ya. I don't care, i just realized right now that i'm being a dick and arguing for the sake of the argument. I don't care how much you do or do not pose, i just want a beer and a slice of pizza.

I'm puttin' on my rockface.

yeah, those not liking Dickinson need to be tortured into submission and only then released back into the hord of masses.

No, I have never seen maiden live, my only experience is the stuff with dream theater he did. Maybe I wasn't clear, I like bruce's voice, I just don't think Maiden as a band are as good as Symphony X as a band. For example, I have Killers which I believe has the old singer and I have Piece of Mind. The music on Killers seems much more solid then Piece of Mind, don't know how to describe it. The music seems loose, not tight like not enough time learning it before recording it. Like I said I just think that Killers sounds better music wise not vocals. I loved bruce on Into the Black Hole. I respect everyones opionin though. All metal rules! Just in different ways to different people. Cheers!

Also, I have been tempted to buy one of the maiden dvd's, just short on money right now. Thanks for the suggestions. Also going to the cleveland show on sat. I hope russ's health is ok. Heard he had the flu. And Doomsday, thanks for the suggestion of the Live after Death dvd. Will try and check it out.

Comparing Bruce and Allen is like comparing Romeo and Gilbert, come on guys.

Bruce is what he is yes, I like maiden and they are def' gods from that time. And of course they do an awesome stage presence, they have enough money to have top of the line equipment, or their own jet with eddie painted on the side. That tells you alot, give romeo a couple billion see what he does with his equipment!

and for those of you saying no one reserves the right to being arrogant, that is incorrect...sadly! There are people who like symphony x, and people who don't, same with Maiden. We all think we're right, and thats because in our own respects we are. I also go with Kens idea of not sugar coating things. However if Bruce did say this about Russell in that manner, its a little harsh. But my general guess is that it was misinterpreted entirely, and Russell would not be holding grudges about a few words said since he knows, and the thousand fans at every show know how much he fucking rocks as a singer and a frontman.

Needless to say, its not what Bruce thinks about Russ, or what we think about either of them. Its what Russ thinks about himself, and he has hords of minions backing him up if ever he feels he is lacking!

Back on topic anyone?

I'm going to throw in an addition to the new guy since he's not been around here: I like to argue for the sake of argument, even if i have no strong feelings on the matter. I could honestly give two shits about what someone on the internet thinks of iron maiden :lol:

Dude, if that's your deal, more power to ya. I don't care, i just realized right now that i'm being a dick and arguing for the sake of the argument. I don't care how much you do or do not pose, i just want a beer and a slice of pizza.

I'm puttin' on my rockface.

As long as you realize that youre being a dick, that's what counts. I'm a musician, I've seen Maiden live before, and I know about 90% of their songs. I'm well caught up on my history, and I'm well aware of the influence they had on metal. I personally think they have some cool songs (4 or 5 in my opinion). You need to read posts carefully before you comment. My comment was not about Maiden as a band, it was bout Dickinson. You can say what you want, but there are several general, different types of voices in rock, and whiny/nasally is certainly one of them. Dickinson belongs in that category, as does James Labrie in many cases, Rob Halford (at times, at times hes awesome), Bon Scott, etc. It doesnt make them bad musicians or bad singers or bad rock stars or any of that crap...I like Priest, I like ACDC, and I like Dream Theater. It's simply a preference...some people prefer the heavy vibrato'd falsetto type stuff, some people prefer the cleaner and more natural sounding singing. One's not better than the other, its simply a matter of preference.

My problem comes with you saying that you dont care "how much I pose or dont pose". Disagreeing with your opinion does not label a person a poser. I eat breath sleep and shit music, and that kind of comment is pretty offensive. You dont know a damn thing about me, and theres a big difference between arguing and calling people names. Grow up. There's no need for a response to this, I won't answer. One of my fave quotes is "Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded".

Just came back from Toronto show. A little sad that Russel didn't do the high pitch voices in Masquerade or Walls of Babylon. Oh well, he claimed he had a cold. Set list was as follows:

Oculus Ex Inferni
Set the World On Fire
Domination
Masquerade
Serpents Kiss
Paradise Lost
Through The Looking Glass <- Shat Bricks (Not sure if right order)
Inferno
Walls of Babylon
Smoke And Mirrors
Revelation/Divine Wings Pt. 7
<Encore>
Eve of Seduction <- Shat bricks again
Sea of Lies

Was anyone able to get to talk with the band after the concert. Me and my friend waited till 12 and nothing.

awsome! I hope they play ttlg tomarrow night. How did russ sound besides the high notes you mentioned? I hope we get something different for the encore then sea of lies. I heard that last year. Not for the encore. Just want to hear different songs from last time. Not counting the new stuff which I understand considering that they are supported Paradise Lost. It also was mention earlier that he had the flu.

And on a side note, I think they should open up with Walls of Babylon. It has the intro to it kinda like Oculus then maybe add another older song? Any thoughts