What are you reading? (The Book Club thread)

I'm currently reading "Behind the Laden Bow: A Psychological Analysis of Tim Charles" by Humphrey McGee... ;)

My partner is trying to get me to read the wheel of time series, though I'm not sure I'm capable of it. So huge, and apparently quite slow at times, so that's a maybe.
Does anyone here have any comments on it?

Two of my mates have read the whole series. They say it's really good, but sometimes he goes a bit overboard with description.

Have you read the Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb? Really good stuff there.

My partner is trying to get me to read the wheel of time series, though I'm not sure I'm capable of it. So huge, and apparently quite slow at times, so that's a maybe.

My mate is bringing it to me on Tuesday, in an attempt to get me out of my Tolkien kick. Will let you know how I fare.

great stuff, read all of the books like 4-5 times lol. obviously got parts that drag on a bit too long and whatnot, but at the same time sometimes u could be reading an entire book (600-1000) pages in a day just cuz you cant let go. you should be prepared on that the author is dead before he finished the last book though, lol. another writer is going to finish it but itll take many years.

I'm reading four books at the moment (yes, shame shame, I know!).

And all four sound quite interesting - the prohibitions one perhaps just more so than the others.
...which reminds me, I'm supposed to be reading for a bookclub this weekend, not slacking off and surfing the web.

Finished The Constitution of Liberty today. I'm very glad that I have read it. It wasn't easy, in fact, it was a hell of a slog, but I certainly learned a lot from it. Although I disagreed with a few points here and there, overall it was highly solid.
Now I shall finish 'In Defence of Global Capitalism' and 'The Road to Serfdom' before embarking on my next literary quests...

I've been reading a lot more in my 2 weeks in the wilderness. By wilderness I mean internetless society. Yes, I survived, I know, I'm proud too.
Anyway, I read the entire Deltora Quest sheebangabang, stfu, it was awesome.
Other than that I just started reading The Malice Box, by Martin Langfield. Its pretty interesting so far, my patience is tested by the plot first, explanation later stuff though.