What is the scariest or most evil sounding album you can think of?

75542.jpg

Reactions: Einherjar86
I like some of TXOP's stuff but overpowering programmed drums detract massively from any spookiness. I think Gnaw Their Tongues pull off the spooky almost black metal cinematic avant whatever style better. And Aderlating is probably more scarierier.

When I was a young fundamentalist Christian, I genuinely thought there was something evil in Megadeth's KIMB of all things. I didn't even read the dumb lyrics, just the wiry thin production with those really up-front drum fills and loud bass gave it this menacing tribal mood to me, the snarled vocals, and the high level of intensity was extremely empowering/possessing in a way other music didn't make me feel, and actually gave me a sense of guilt. Other thrash albums in my early metal development, such as Bonded By Blood, made me feel similarly. By the time I got into death and first-wave black metal, music no longer felt scary or evil to me. The forbidden fruit effect I guess.

I always liked Deceased - Fearless Undead Machines ..good zombie concept album with good atmosphere...Also Necrophagia - Harvest Ritual Volume 1...their song Akuma has been a constant Halloween song for me.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah I also thought the Deicide debut was the most evil thing I'd ever heard when it came out. And Benton with his upside down cross burned into his forehead seemed like the real deal. Then I read an article in Kerrang where he went head to head with a Catholic priest and I realised he was actually just another moron with a gimmick.

scary?
Aderlating - Spear of Gold and Seraphim Bone Part I
Current 93 - Birth Canal Blues
Nahlvar - s/t
Ruth White - Flowers Of Evil

none are metal related but eh

I don't get an evil vibe from Close to a World Below really. However, the title track is the musical equivalent of the front cover.

Edit: First comment on the link you posted: "This sounds like Korn at times". Lol really.

That reminds me, didn't Korn supposedly rip off a riff from Morbid Angel in one of their songs?

Last edited:
Commenter is prob a troll. When I listen to Immolation I guess it doesn't really sound "evil" just angry as fuck.

I've seen a lot of people saying that they find Blut Aus Nord's The Work Which Transforms God to be really creepy/unnerving. Never really got into it myself but some of you may like it and it has a cool album title.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
MoRT sounds more unsettling than TWWTG. I dunno why it gets as much hate as it does, it's great.

scary?
Aderlating - Spear of Gold and Seraphim Bone Part I
Current 93 - Birth Canal Blues
Nahlvar - s/t
Ruth White - Flowers Of Evil

none are metal related but eh

Aderlating and Nahlvar are both very much metal related.

Not scary, but eerie and unnerving I'd say Krallice's Dimensional Bleedthrough. Those twisted riffs and the album art...it really does sound like something is trying to tear it's way through the fabric between worlds.

a0408387063_16.jpg

I've seen a lot of people saying that they find Blut Aus Nord's The Work Which Transforms God to be really creepy/unnerving. Never really got into it myself but some of you may like it and it has a cool album title.

I almost posted BAN, this album definitely has some blood curdling shit. But it also has some gorgeous melodies, so I don't know...