What is the scariest or most evil sounding album you can think of?

Yeah I also thought the Deicide debut was the most evil thing I'd ever heard when it came out. And Benton with his upside down cross burned into his forehead seemed like the real deal. Then I read an article in Kerrang where he went head to head with a Catholic priest and I realised he was actually just another moron with a gimmick.

If there's anything I can say I'm frustrated with in the metal genre, it's this.

Portal is scary enough if you are really stoned

l took acid and listened to this album and it took me quite a while until l could listen to it again...

not scary now, but l still quibble with some of the lyrics and the sound of the album
also Soul of a new Machine is a bitch of an album when tripping

Reactions: CiG
do you like the early ones?

I own Ultima Thulee and Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age. I really like the latter but I haven't gotten into Ultima Thulee as much, though admittedly I haven't given it as much of a chance despite owning it for years.

I've been thinking of buying The Work Which Transforms God if I can find it cheapish just so I can give it more of a chance. What do you think of it?

As for the purposes of this thread, this isn't so much evil as it is completely fucking deranged, manic and weird:

I'm sure this wasn't the product of sane minds. I've been wanting to submit them in a Mixtape round for a while but I don't know if there will ever be an appropriate theme (and not all the songs are available individually on YouTube).

Well if we're talking just metal here, there's an undeniable dread-like vibe to Soulside Journey. it's not scary but the riffs and tone just nail that sort of feeling. Early Samael is pretty successful at the horror mood too.

W.A.S.P.'s "KFD" is a really evil album.

A one-of-a-kind in their catalogue, but you need to experience the album as a whole, to see how the evilness develops. It's not really a "singles" album like their other stuff.

I love the album, but I may be in a minority.

I own Ultima Thulee and Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age. I really like the latter but I haven't gotten into Ultima Thulee as much, though admittedly I haven't given it as much of a chance despite owning it for years.

I've been thinking of buying The Work Which Transforms God if I can find it cheapish just so I can give it more of a chance. What do you think of it?

As for the purposes of this thread, this isn't so much evil as it is completely fucking deranged, manic and weird:

I'm sure this wasn't the product of sane minds. I've been wanting to submit them in a Mixtape round for a while but I don't know if there will ever be an appropriate theme (and not all the songs are available individually on YouTube).

IN JERASPUNTA is another one that used to be mentioned every other day around here but rarely crops up anymore. i guess it was new at the time though. they actually used my gushing MA review for their website lol - they did seem pretty mentally ill tbh

i like THE WORK WHICH TRANSFORMS GOD a lot actually, i first played it a bunch on a driving holiday in norway surrounded by gorgeous scenery which probably helps. FATHERS OF THE ICY AGE is their best though for sure.

Reactions: Phylactery
several lines in those reviews persist as memes with my irl friends to this day. someone made an audio recording of my fullmoon review in black microsoft sam voice.

Those reviews seem pretty passionate. I really want to get into more of the second-wave extreme metal bands, but I can't seem to get many albums to click with my sensibilities.

several lines in those reviews persist as memes with my irl friends to this day. someone made an audio recording of my fullmoon review in black microsoft sam voice.

Haha sounds amazing. Do you still think United Aryan Evil is the best demo ever?

I read a lot of reviews from various websites because I enjoy reading about what others get out of albums that I really love and I've noticed you have a Dol Goldur review on MA and through reading I was pretty sure I'd read it somewhere before. Turns out the one at Sputnikmusic is exactly the same. Did you post there? Because if not someone has just copy and pasted it haha.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/12574/Summoning-Dol-Guldur/

Those reviews seem pretty passionate. I really want to get into more of the second-wave extreme metal bands, but I can't seem to get many albums to click with my sensibilities.

I love a lot of the primitive 80s extreme metal but most of my absolute favourites tend to be from the early to mid 90s. I guess I just find them more emotionally engaging. I get chills and watery eyes during some parts of Far Away from the Sun and Deathcult for Eternity. Quite strange that music with atonal vocals and generally violent rhythms impacts me in such ways.