What The Fuck!

True, but no one really needs seal fur. Beef, poultry and milk are infinitely times more essential and serve a purpose of feeding people. You may not need those things and everyone could in theory become vegans, but that is just never going to happen. Whereas killing seals is in no way essential to life and could be easily put an end to. Those rich cunts buying sealskin coats do not need them to live. And as for the seal clubbers they can find another job that doesn't involve killing helpless creatures. It is already bad enough we kill animals for food. Let it end there.

Its not only that. Seals are the main reason why Cod fish have been dying out. There is a huge overpopulation of seals, and half the reason why there is a seal hunt is to regulate the population. I agree that it's terrible, but I don't agree with it being any more wrong then slaughterhouses. A lot of people who kill seals for their fur, also keep and eat the meat. It's stupid to kill an animal for fur, but it's also stupid to torture chickens and cows when theres no need of it. Over in China they kill cats for fur. Only for the fur too. Most of the cats may even be peoples pets. They don't care. Not only that, but they skin them alive. Before bringing them to where they do it, they are stuffed in cages and flicked around as if they were a bag of dirt. We dont need to eat chicken. We dont need to drink milk. We don't need fur coats. Neither is more right or wrong then the other.

Also, it isn't just the fur that is used from killing seals. There is oils from the pelts used for different things, Including vitamins.

Its fucking stupid and shouldn't be, but bashing in the peoples skulls who do it isn't the solution either. They don't do it for fun, they do it for a living. Theres nothing we can do about it. Only the government holds that power.

Its not only that. Seals are the main reason why Cod fish have been dying out. There is a huge overpopulation of seals, and half the reason why there is a seal hunt is to regulate the population. I agree that it's terrible, but I don't agree with it being any more wrong then slaughterhouses. A lot of people who kill seals for their fur, also keep and eat the meat. It's stupid to kill an animal for fur, but it's also stupid to torture chickens and cows when theres no need of it. Over in China they kill cats for fur. Only for the fur too. Most of the cats may even be peoples pets. They don't care. Not only that, but they skin them alive. Before bringing them to where they do it, they are stuffed in cages and flicked around as if they were a bag of dirt. We dont need to eat chicken. We dont need to drink milk. We don't need fur coats. Neither is more right or wrong then the other.

Also, it isn't just the fur that is used from killing seals. There is oils from the pelts used for different things, Including vitamins.

Its fucking stupid and shouldn't be, but bashing in the peoples skulls who do it isn't the solution either. They don't do it for fun, they do it for a living. Theres nothing we can do about it. Only the government holds that power.

Best post in the entire thread.

The government isn't going to change anything unless people make them. And overpopulation is the perfect excuse for any jackass aching to kill something. No one forced these people into that job, so it's obvious they enjoy it in some sick way.

The government isn't going to change anything unless people make them. And overpopulation is the perfect excuse for any jackass aching to kill something. No one forced these people into that job, so it's obvious they enjoy it in some sick way.

I come from Atlantic Canada, where a lot of Seal Hunting takes place. People didn't choose these jobs because they enjoy it in some sick way, It's how people were raised and how people got by in the past. Most of the people I know who takes part in the seal hunt are people who are like at least 40-50. People who used to go out and help their fathers when they were teenagers. Going back in the generations. Most of the communities surrounded by the ocean made their living by the sea. Things werent always "GO WORK AT MCDONALDS". Things back then weren't as easy as we have it growing up today. The whole seal hunt thing isn't half as big today as it was back in the early 1900's and stuff. My grandfather used to do it. He doesnt now. He didn't do it because he was sick in the head. He did it because without going out and helping his father do that, his family probably would of starved to death. The seal hunt is like a tradition. Its not needed today and I can see an end coming to it soon, but back 50-60 years ago, it was all most people had, and since they dont all have fucking university degrees and shit now in an older age, it isn't that easy to go out and get another job. Thats the main reason I think it's still happening. Because most of the people who do it, have been doing it for years, and its how they make their living. And its like your boss of 40 years walking up to you and saying your fired, and everything you know is useless to you. You have no degree to go get a job, and now you and your family well go on welfare.

As the older generations die out, so will the seal hunt. Don't worry. In 5-6 years time, it won't exist anymore. I know that for a fact.

animal cruelty is my weakness. i'd rather kill humans than animals. anyday.

Agreed. My friend killed a sea gull once and I punched him in the face and knocked him out. There was a gull on the beach tangled up in something and he ran and kicked it out in the water and it like went under and drowned. I freaked out, even though it was just a useless gull, and I punched him in the face and knocked him out. Theres no need of hurting a helpless animal.

shit man, i know people like that too. and the worst part is that they think they're so bad ass doing things like that. what did your friend do in response? you should've kicked him and shoved him in the water and see how he would've liked it.

1. Culling is one thing, killing for fur is another. And unless they're native, then I severely doubt they're using anything else but the fur so don't play that card.

2. Slaughterhouses are horribly managed but they have a function however shitty they choose to reach that, and right now it's in a wrong ay... but hey, we NEED meat.. but definately not on the scale it's being produced. And because of the mass production, farmers and companies who own farms especially often put these animals in horrible conditions because it's cheap and it maximizes their potential to make off the animal... (ie/ Dairy cows in stalls hooked up to machines most their lives and meat cows trapped in overpopulated yards with no room to exercise, just stuck to stand in their ownf eces waiting to die). To say we don't need meat is wrong dude. Techinically we don't nowadays, but we will always have it. I think it's stupid how some environmentalists say the shit you say... Like, "Oh, well it's terrible that this happens but it's no worse than __________, so we all have to stop eating meat otherwise it'll never stop". That's bullshit, just meant to guilt-trip people. Whether the hamburger I'm eating was grown on MY farm and killed and prepared MYSELF, or whether it comes from the grocery store I really can't help that. I don't have a farm so I have to buy the meat. Best I can do it try to have an active role in attempting to get the meat industry to make a a shitload of changes.

3. The china thing, I already have known about for a while and read extensive research on the subject, not to mentions een pictures and videos. It is sickening, but hey, it's fucking China dude. They barely have fucking human rights so what else can we do? It's their country... so fuck them sick cocksuckers. Ifit were an endagered species then maybe international intervention could be brought in but until then it's just one of those ugly thigns in the world we can't do anything about. Only the chinese can really help that problem, if they can even see it :p. And.... so what you're saying is because a bunch of dumb fucks skin cats in another country it's ok for people in MY country to kill seals and if I object I'm a hypocrite and wrong because I eat steak? Fuck that shit man.

4. Fur has much less of a purpose than meat. The industry might be wrong in a lot of ways, but we are not helpless to change that. It's actually people who say shit like you that hurts the cause cuz then people hear "Don't eat all meat at all? Wtf these people are just a bunch of hippie-crazy ass fucks." There are no extremes to anything. But there are middle grounds we could reach. Meat is a necessity even if we can substitute it. And if you are seriously saying that meat and fur are both equal then as much as I respect you here for raising some good points that the average person might not have known, you've become one of those vegan extremists. Seek help now.

And the government have the power, and we control the government, well in a democracy that's how it SPOSED to work.

1. Culling is one thing, killing for fur is another. And unless they're native, then I severely doubt they're using anything else but the fur so don't play that card.

2. Slaughterhouses are horribly managed but they have a function however shitty they choose to reach that, and right now it's in a wrong ay... but hey, we NEED meat.. but definately not on the scale it's being produced. And because of the mass production, farmers and companies who own farms especially often put these animals in horrible conditions because it's cheap and it maximizes their potential to make off the animal... (ie/ Dairy cows in stalls hooked up to machines most their lives and meat cows trapped in overpopulated yards with no room to exercise, just stuck to stand in their ownf eces waiting to die). To say we don't need meat is wrong dude. Techinically we don't nowadays, but we will always have it. I think it's stupid how some environmentalists say the shit you say... Like, "Oh, well it's terrible that this happens but it's no worse than __________, so we all have to stop eating meat otherwise it'll never stop". That's bullshit, just meant to guilt-trip people. Whether the hamburger I'm eating was grown on MY farm and killed and prepared MYSELF, or whether it comes from the grocery store I really can't help that. I don't have a farm so I have to buy the meat. Best I can do it try to have an active role in attempting to get the meat industry to make a a shitload of changes.

3. The china thing, I already have known about for a while and read extensive research on the subject, not to mentions een pictures and videos. It is sickening, but hey, it's fucking China dude. They barely have fucking human rights so what else can we do? It's their country... so fuck them sick cocksuckers. Ifit were an endagered species then maybe international intervention could be brought in but until then it's just one of those ugly thigns in the world we can't do anything about. Only the chinese can really help that problem, if they can even see it :p. And.... so what you're saying is because a bunch of dumb fucks skin cats in another country it's ok for people in MY country to kill seals and if I object I'm a hypocrite and wrong because I eat steak? Fuck that shit man.

4. Fur has much less of a purpose than meat. The industry might be wrong in a lot of ways, but we are not helpless to change that. It's actually people who say shit like you that hurts the cause cuz then people hear "Don't eat all meat at all? Wtf these people are just a bunch of hippie-crazy ass fucks." There are no extremes to anything. But there are middle grounds we could reach. Meat is a necessity even if we can substitute it. And if you are seriously saying that meat and fur are both equal then as much as I respect you here for raising some good points that the average person might not have known, you've become one of those vegan extremists. Seek help now.

And the government have the power, and we control the government, well in a democracy that's how it SPOSED to work.

Truth.

Well i didn't want to reply to this topic because i've tried to get those thoughts out my head the first time i saw that article. But i know one of my main goals as a police officer will be to report and prosecute any animal cruelty i witness or assume to be happening. The ASPCA is incredible and if i am able to i would volunteer part-time for them too. I'm to emotional when it comes to seeing that stuff but i hope i can get over it.

Concering the slaughter houses i only eat kosher meat because my old manager brought me and a few co-workers to a kosher slaughter house in new york where they don't dont practice the old method of slitting the cows neck till it bleeds out but a simple bolt to the head. For a place where cows get killed everyday i wouldn't mind being a cow there because it was on a couple hundred acres and cows could roam and enjoy a life really and were only killed after a certain age.