What type of metal do you consider COB?

hi Mac Money we know each other from the guardian forum (Harvester of Sorrow). Humus666 has no idea of powermetal!!!!!!!! i like COB but powermetal is not boring. ICED EARTH rule and so do BLIND GUARDIAN and LEFAY!!! i have to agree with Mcmoney you have to wash yours ears . i hate people who say: this stile is boring or that stile is boring - there`s good music in every stile! give them a chance. if you like cob i cannot see why dislike iced earth or guardian. btw: which IE album are the ones u own?

Argh.. I can't understand how anyone can think it's Black Metal :mad:
Anyone with ears can hear that it's power metal...
You who say that CoB is Black Metal, have you even heard Black Metal???

Originally posted by Stormrider
btw: which IE album are the ones u own?

Horror show & Something wicked this way comes...

Hay, to please you all, yes COB is power metal and I just love powermetal because the music is heavy and it is reallt innovative music :mad:

CoB isnt power metal. power metal is hammerful, fates warning nocturnal rites.

Black metal isnt just a "sound". its a style of their lyrics, the lyrical content as well.

which is why i say they are black metal with power metal influence....b/c they do have the traits of a power metal band witht heir keyboards and guitarwork

I thought keyboards was more of a black metal thing :confused: ... Like Dimmu Borgir or something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but keyboards are a black metal trait, if used in the right way. Anyhow, I don't see why we can't just call Children of Bodom.... Bodom Metal, considering we can't agree on anything else. :mad:

well i consider it black metal w/ power influence.

if people disagree oh-fucking-well . i like it and thats all that matters

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
I thought keyboards was more of a black metal thing :confused: ... Like Dimmu Borgir or something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but keyboards are a black metal trait, if used in the right way. Anyhow, I don't see why we can't just call Children of Bodom.... Bodom Metal, considering we can't agree on anything else. :mad:

I want to correct you :) Black metal in it's purest form is cold, hatefull misantropic music. You still have many bands that play raw black metal and don't want to use keyboards. It's mostly the 'commercial' black metal bands using keyboards.

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead

Dimmu Borgir's way of using keyboards has nothing to do with black metal and neither has Dimmu Borgir's music barely anything in common with black metal.

Originally posted by Lutz

Since when could you determine a genre with listening to only the vocals? :confused:

Genres have certain vocalstyles. Offcourse the music itself catagorizes the band, but power metal has that special high (queer...) vocals, while death has the very low ones, thrash the raw ones and black... well just the black metal-vocals