what's with the Pantera bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
misfit makes a good point, but let me elaborate about the fanboy thing, saying that popular metal bands in general get ripped on in message boards. No matter what board you post on, you will get flamed for posting about Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Lamb of God, and yes, Pantera.

I think that's a good point as well. The POPULAR bands tend to get
flamed more than others.

misfit said:
no you dont recall correctly. Pantera released some kick arse fucking albums. Put simply, people who respond, as most have in this thread, in two ways to Pantera.

1. They are either sick of all the people who rant and rave on about them unnecesarily (which, around here, there aren't that many of).
2. Are trend whores, who bash bands because that sell more records than their misunderstood, underappreciated one-man-band heros.

Bringing them up is a waste of time as you KNOW the discussion will turn to shit as every dickhead who has a smart arse comment to make about them, gravitates towards Pantera posts. That and generally the people who post about Pantera, are Pantera fanboys who dribble rubbish that isn't worth reading anyway. You really can't win.

i tend to bash bands who are entirely worthless in every conceivable way

y'know, like pantera :confused:

i'm not sure if i'm making myself clear

I dont have a problem with anyone right know because I just found out that I am going to see emperor play the 17 of july in Hollywood. fuck ya

Witchburner said:
Would someone please explain to me why practically everyone
hates this band so much. I just don't get it. Is it because they
ripped off Exhorder's sound (cowboys era of course)? It wouldn't be the first time a band's done that.
Granted I know that Phil's a complete moron but hey. That's rock n Roll.
What REALLY urks me is all the Dimebag bashing. Especially just after the 1 year anniversary of his death.
Please keep in mind, I mean no disrespect to THIS board. It's just that every other board I've been on seems to share this opinion:)

hey everyone knows pantera is the most horrible metal band on the planet. just kidding. i think theyre ok.:Spin:

I think a lot of the people here got turned off by the Dimebag worship. It's natural that when something is blown so out of proportion for others to resent it. (Titanic anyone?)

Susperia said:
I think a lot of the people here got turned off by the Dimebag worship. It's natural that when something is blown so out of proportion for others to resent it. (Titanic anyone?)

I realize that but why bash the dude now (not saying you personally) ? He was brutally murdered for Christ sakes and didn't deserve all the shit that people are saying about him

Because it's not my fucking fault that he died, and all the people bitching and moaning about his murder THAT HAVE NEVER EVEN MET HIM makes it even worse. Oh yeah, he was such a great person though. A drinker, a user, and a womanizer. What a guy. Oh yeah, I forgot, he can do that because he plays guitar.

It is annoying to see a medioicre band get worshiped like this. Pantera is somewhat better then average, but by no means a great band. I don't mind popular, but I do mind worship. It is a waste of time to listen to mediocre music over and over again. I don't know why I should care that you are wasting your time, I just do. Worshipping any but the best is to become musically stagnant.

DE said:
iirc they're atrocious
I'm glad that my home country(R) had cut off your fucking gas!
You potato-eating dickhead! Why don't the stupid ukranians make up their minds whether they're Russian or Polish?:OMG:

Dodens Grav said:
Because it's not my fucking fault that he died, and all the people bitching and moaning about his murder THAT HAVE NEVER EVEN MET HIM makes it even worse. Oh yeah, he was such a great person though. A drinker, a user, and a womanizer. What a guy. Oh yeah, I forgot, he can do that because he plays guitar.

No matter how you try and justify it. He still didn't deserve to die.Show some humanity

I didn't try to justify anything, slick. I said dying doesn't make you a better guitar player.

Impure616 said:
I dont have a problem with anyone right know because I just found out that I am going to see emperor play the 17 of july in Hollywood. fuck ya

Fuck yeah with Goatwhore!

And I like Pantera's Power Metal Album.. the rest.. eh.. overrated.

I really hate phail anselmo..
phil.jpg

I saw Pantera for the first time back when I was a teen in 92. They were opening for SkidRow, and, quite obviously, blew them away. This was Vulgar Display days, and the first time I actually even heard of them was that night. Me and my "cool" older friends got to meet them and smoke with them, and I'll tell you what - those were some of the most down motherfuckers in the "scene" that I had ever met to this day. That night I put all my sorry-ass fucking CDs and tapes in a box, and got into real shit. That night I'll remember for the rest of my life, sitting on a backstage couch, underage and high off my ass, watching this dude Darrell play through a practice amp. So any of you who have some shit to say about Philip, Vince, Pantera, Darrell, Rex, etc. can go and fuck themselves! "horribe...", "nu-metal...", "blah -blah - fucking blah...." Just fucking APPAULED to see some shit like this on a "metal" forum!

Dodens Grav said:
You're a fucking douchebag idiot.
And you're just a fucking pussy sitting on your computer and calling people little silly names. Fucking poser. Your stupid fucking avatar pretty much says it.

Status
Not open for further replies.