Which band do you think will rule Heathen Crusade?

Demilich said:

never heard that word before, so I looked it up :loco:

portly

SYLLABICATION: port·ly

PRONUNCIATION: pôrtl, prt-

ADJECTIVE: Inflected forms: port·li·er, port·li·est

1. Comfortably stout; corpulent. See synonyms at fat. 2. Archaic Stately; majestic; imposing.

ETYMOLOGY: From port5.

OTHER FORMS: portli·ness —NOUN

JayKeeley said:
How was that show by the way? Did you guys ever update the thread with some feedback? How were Agalloch?

Excellent fucking show! Woods of Ypres were great, playing The Shams of Optimism/Crossing the 45th Parallel, Shedding the Deadwood, Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground (new song wtf?), A Meeting Place and Time, and a cover of Katatonia's Deadhouse :kickass:

Unexpect wasn't my bag, too self-consciously avantgarde, which results often enough in shitty music.

November's Doom ruled like i said.

Deceased was fucking awesome old school Heavy Metal madness! Great solos, killer songs!

Agalloch was the UNQUESTIONABLE highlight of the evening, and who would have thought otherwise? They played... uh.. She Painted Fire Across the Skyline II, As Embers Dressed the Sky, Odal, In the Shadow of our Pale Companion, The Lodge (Dismantled), and the Kneel to the Cross cover of Sol Invictus off of the Of Stone, Wind and Pillor EP.

Green Carnation were alright, we left partway into the set 'cause the songs off the new album were unbearable and we were unfamiliar with the others. Missed an awesome rendition of the complete Light of Day, Day of Darkness song (over an hour). Ah well, had to catch the subway to get back home.

GREAT, GREAT SHOW!

Nah, they went and talked with fans and signed stuff, like gentlemen. And drank.

The cover was pretty weak actually, ruined by a bad mix on the acoustic guitar and Haughm's voice being not a shadow of what it was on the recorded version (probably distracted by wondering where the fuck the sound from his guitar went)

and you met me :loco:

...and I thought UnExpects performance at last years Northern Lights was much stronger then this year, but they still fucking own me :worship: Their replacement girl singer wasn't good or cute as the real one!

Highway Corsair said:
and you met me :loco:

...and I thought UnExpects performance at last years Northern Lights was much stronger then this year, but they still fucking own me :worship: Their replacement girl singer wasn't good or cute as the real one!
she's cute eh? I'll check them out, after all they're from Quebec and I might run into them one day :loco:

i think a lt of you will enjoy the live The Chasm show. they are old school, with all members doing the windmill hair flipping simultaneously and other shit. this is based on the video extra on COnjuration of the Spectral EMpire.

J. said:
i think a lt of you will enjoy the live The Chasm show. they are old school, with all members doing the windmill hair flipping simultaneously and other shit. this is based on the video extra on COnjuration of the Spectral EMpire.

I for one, am very much looking forward to them. :headbang:

General Zod said:
LOL. Hey, is it safe to assume they're selling alchohol, given that this is an all-ages show?

Zod

Consider the assumption safe. Also, there is an after party at the venue when the show lets out from 11:00 pm to 1:00 am that at least one of the bands from earlier will be playing at. That after party is 18+.

Dark One said:
Consider the assumption safe. Also, there is an after party at the venue when the show lets out from 11:00 pm to 1:00 am that at least one of the bands from earlier will be playing at. That after party is 18+.
Yeah, I kind of assumed they were serving drinks, but some states have wierd laws regarding all ages-shows.

The after-party I had heard about. As I understand it, some of the details are still sketchy. As it stands now, I believe we'll have to exit the club and then come back in. They're also working on getting a band to play the after-party.

Zod

There better be hot chicks at this show. Beer, viking metal, and ample breastage....

...hey I saw the Minnesota Viking cheerleaders on tv the other night. Holy shit, they easily wipe the floor of those Dallas Cowboy bints (who I assume are supposed to be the 'benchmark' for cheerleader hotness). [/threadjack]

If Primordial play "Coffin Ships", I hope nobody notices me get teary-eyed. [/unthreadjack]