Which band do you think will rule Heathen Crusade?

Demilich said:
goddamn! it's a 22 hour bus ride from Toronto to Minneapolis? i thought it was more like 12-15

It would be, if you drove yourself. Public transportation blows.

It's 940 miles from Toronto to Minneapolis; the route would have you cut down through Chicago, and then back north toward the Twin Cities. 940 miles, at a ballpark average of 75 mph is 12 1/2 hours of driving.

markgugs said:
To Charleston, SC and back, just because (vaca).

Yeah, I did that from Philly to Daytona once. Since I was with friends it was a lot of fun. It took us about 14 hours straight.

markgugs said:
And from Seattle to New York City (post-9/11, couldn't get a flight).

Oh man, that's about as long a drive as it gets. How long did that take? So you rented a car and everything? Were you alone the whole time?

Seattle -> New York took 54 hours, though we stopped in Chicago for 4 hours, and went through 3 time zone changes, so really, it took 47 hours of actual driving. We hauled ass, and no, it was myself & 2 others, driving/riding shotgun/sleeping in 6-hour increments. Though I did drive straight from Chicago to NYC by myself (13 hours or so), b/c the other guy was an awful driver and I thought he'd kill me. :lol:

Ate an awful lot of trucker speed in those 2 days, I did.

I get a kick out of long drives.

myself and 3 others went from here in maryland to Colorado, that wasn't so bad, longest amount of driving myself was 6 straight hours, 25 hour drive total, I think?

I've done the 22 hour trip to Texas (and then back again) a few times now. Always a straight shot, 2 11 hour drives. One of these days I'd like to do that and actually stop at places along the way, like memphis.... dunno if that'll ever happen though.. sigh

the first 5 hours are rough, then my ass goes numb and its smooth sailing from there.

Chromatose said:
I get a kick out of long drives.

myself and 3 others went from here in maryland to Colorado, that wasn't so bad, longest amount of driving myself was 6 straight hours, 25 hour drive total, I think?

Myself and 3 others plan on going to Colorado this year. How is the State? Is it all that dumb and dumber makes it cracked up to be?

Yea, I plan on going on a 4 state command and conquer road trip with Denver being the main event destination. Arizona, New Mexico, Utah being the other 3. I hear Boulder is a big party town? Or was it big druggy town? My memory escapes me.

it was a completely welcome sight after treking across Kansas and all those other seriously boring states between St Louis and there (gateway arch? more like gateway arch to crap am i right).. Colorado was when things started getting lively again.

I only spent 3 days there before turning around to come back (went to see King Crimson and Tool at Red Rocks).. but I dug the area, saw lots of organic stores, hippies, those kinds of neat things.. and ominous mountains make any kind of scenery better. Great place to visit.

I bet living there would be boring as hell though. It gave off that vibe.

I wanted to visit one of the many ghost towns they have on the map, drive up pikes peak, etc... but didn't have the time. Took a day driving through the mountains though, that part RULED

Interesting...So St Louis is a total shit hole aye? I always wanted to see the city. Probably will still do so one day. But your comments were a parade wetter :cry: