Why are you a metalhead?

Because I love metal music. Is there another reason?

I guess so. That would explain why there aren't a lot of 40 year old metalheads, left over from the 80's. Apparently some people were into it for other resons. As such, I can assume that a large percentage of people who like metal now will not be liking it in n years.

Because I lost a bet.
Happy birthday, dude.

Umm... I like metal because I feel that it's "my" thing, if I can say so. Though I have to admit, some of it has/had to grow up on me. And considering that none of my old friends listens to metal it took me long enough to discover stuff. UM helped a lot too, actually.
As for style - um... I have some elements of metalheads style like certain t-shirts, belts, necklaces. But I don't put that shit very high, I can wear emo shoes and feel great, I don't care about "tr00" stuff, it's mostly for poseurs. I just know who I am and that's enough. I do like metalheads style on guys though, if it looks tidy, of course.

Because there is a huge amount of genuine talent within the metal genre as a whole,which of you don't find a lot of in the bland mainstream culture of today.

Because every time I tried to listen to another kind of music my parents would get drunk and hit me.

I'm kidding. My parents would just get drunk and hit me in general. Which ironically may be why I listen to metal.

I like metal because its heavy and there are so many different bands out there that bring something different. All other types of music just sound the same. Plus, Metalheads aren't afraid to experiment in their music.

Also, as mentioned before, walking around school in my Opeth shirt makes me feel like a badass.

It does not matter if I say I listen to death metal in my school because I always get the same response, "oh like Suicide Silence!?" So I gave up on being a "metalhead" a lonnnnggggg time ago.

I think I just may be a hipster....

I actually don't listen to metal at all, I'm unsure of how I actually got to and registered on this forum.

It does not matter if I say I listen to death metal in my school because I always get the same response, "oh like Suicide Silence!?" So I gave up on being a "metalhead" a lonnnnggggg time ago.

I think I just may be a hipster....

Who cares about identity, really...

I like metal music. What I don't like is boxes, so I would rather not be a metalhead. It feels like a prison.

The music makes me feel free. It makes me feel a lot of things, and the lyrics appeals to me.