Worst and most dissappointing albums of 2003

LuminousAether said:
Here's my list:

Opeth - Damnation (zzzz)
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness (not bad but not good either)
The Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution (it's obvious Devy has run out of ideas so he just rehashes his old ones... evolution... yeah right!)
Strapping Young Lad - s/t (Devy ran out of ideas so badly that he lets his bandmates (who have never had any good ideas) write the bulk of this album. It shows)
A Perfect Circle (I forget the title of this album, but man is it a snoozer)
Apart from Opeth , I almost totally agree . DTB's a good one though . SYL is much more boring than DTB's . Viva Emptiness bored me and I've never been into APC .

Decepticon said:
The Haunted- One Kill Wonder, pure shit
Good man! I thought it was fuckin bollox.

SculptedCold said:
Zyklon - Aeon. I was really looking forward to Aeon, but it's just naff.
Give it more listens. I wasn't impressed much but I've been listening to it a bit lately and its definitely getting better.

Metallica-St. Anger
Soilwork-Figure Number Five
Arch Enemy-Anthems of Rebellion
Poison The Well-You Come Before You
Strapping Young Lad-SYL
Nevermore-Enemies of Reality

i personally find rabbit dont come easey by helloween a BIG dissapointment...i had high hopes for it since i really liked both the dark ride and better than raw but nope!

Iron Maiden - Dance of Death(I was alittle dissappointed, This could have been better.)

Children of Bodom - HateCrew(Boring overplayed metal....they need to change their style and stop releasing the same thing.)

I disagree with some:

Katatonia - Viva Emptiness(I was waiting for something like this for awhile, it's flawless in my mind :D )

Opeth - Damnation(Such a relaxing album, :worship: Beautiful.:worship: )

The Haunted - One kill wonder(I could see why people dislike it and it does get boring fast! But I like it.:headbang: )

I actually liked the new Haunted. And the new Nevermore...it was my favorite of the year. Very heavy and well-thought out. To those who hate the production...BAHH!!! It's not on par with their last for sure, but still beats the pants off tons of records' productions from the 80's from albums we consider "classic". I chose to focus on the songs, and I was wholly impressed.

I'm the biggest Maiden fan anywhere, but I was slightly disappointed with Dance of Death...compared to Brave New World at least.

I wasn't that impressed with the new Anthrax either, especially after waiting so damn long and hearing Scott and Charlie rant on on Blabbermouth constantly. You'd have a better following if you released a pummeling album boys (see Persistence of Time for example).

Another I wanted to like more was the new Gathering record. I love How to Measure a Planet?... but alot of that is for its diversity. Souvenirs seems like the trippiest stuff from the aforementioned, but all the way through. It's not bad mind you, but I was hoping for at least a couple uptempo songs. I wonder what a setlist of theirs looks like these days, they never tour the Western US. Anyway.

I think Aeon its one of those albums that grew on you.....

dissapointing? well the new dying fetus album wasnt as good as their past efforts

Angra- Rebirth World Tour: Live in SP (I've heard some better sounding bootlegs)
nevermore, Iron Maiden...

Elements Part 1 (I haven't heard the second part yet) gotta be the worst album ever released. It's pure crap...
Not that I was expectin anything out of it.. ehehh

Like Starbreaker, Enemies of Reality was also one of, if not, my favourite album of the year, even though it begs to be played with headphones. I find it to be a bit of a blur unless I've got it going at a rather high volume. Production is terrible I admit, but it's still a worthy addition to their discography.

New Spock's Beard was terrible, and the new Enslaved was a touch lower than what I wanted as well. I had no hope for St. Anger, so there weren't really any surprises there. I liked Opeth and Katatonia however.

Emperor Magus Caligula said:
I think Aeon its one of those albums that grew on you.....

dissapointing? well the new dying fetus album wasnt as good as their past efforts

I actually think that the latest Dying Fetus is (probably) their best record to date.