Worst metal you've ever heard?

Mike27 said:
Most likely.

But its easy not to dislike generic black metal if your not into it

presuming you mean "it's easy to dislike generic black metal if you're not into it"; burzum isn't generic black metal

Blue_Jay said:
I actually really like them even if they do sound sorta metalcorish. I hope they don't become a true metalcore band that would be a huge disapointment. The song you listened to fyi was The Illusionist.

I did not think they sounded metalcore. Scar Symmetry do have meshuggah influence in the riffs(those stop/go riffs). These type riffs past that age 13 are pretty annoying, and they do sound cool to an untrained ear. When you've been playing a guitar for awile you realize how stupid,cliche and commerical the style of riffing is, not prog or technical but more 'hip'. Not musically intelligent imo.

What you mean the fucking RHYTHM GUITAR?

I've heard Scar Symmetry and sure they have some chugginess but I defy you to find a modern melo-death band sans some chugginess.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
What you mean the fucking RHYTHM GUITAR?

I've heard Scar Symmetry and sure they have some chugginess but I defy you to find a modern melo-death band sans some chugginess.

"What you mean the fucking RHYTHM GUITAR?"

YEAH(FUCKING RYTHMN GUITAR).

I have no problem with chugging depending the manner.

My vote for the worst metal, or bands that were at least considered by some to be metal would have to be Metallica's "St. Anger", all post-"Pyromania" Def Leppard, and the Grand Prize goes to.....(Drum roll)....NELSON!