Your favourite anime series

I think this is what I was looking for if anyone is interested

Last edited by a moderator:
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is sick !
Great anime, better if you look it twice (still have to play the games).

Some other suggestions :
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (+the movies)
- Serial Experiment Lain
- Ergo Proxy
- Elfen Lied
- Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Deadman Wonderland
- Gensômaden Saiyuki (only season 1+2, didn't like the others at all)
- Claymore
and of course, Dragonball + Dragonball Z + all the OAVs

I'm not too much into anime but i was a Zodiac fan when i was a kid, and only recently watched DB/DBZ. DBZ is too long in anime, and I preferred DB because its way cooler and funnier with young goku. Except that, I understand otakus but I just can't get so much into series of 478 episodes and never see an end to a series.

Anyway, ghost in the shell, grave of the fireflies, I love this kind of movie grade animes.

I'm hugely awaiting Gunnm as a movie, because the manga are amongst the best comics I've ever read!

Just started watching this: FUCKING HILARIOUS!

Somehow, it's funny even with subtitles. Great stuff.

Detroit Metal City.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the ghost int he shell movie to be honest (1995, the proper one :D), but the series is still awesome, just quite involved. You have to have a rough idea of what's going on and be prepared to pay complete attention to it and nothing else, or it just stops making any sense really quickly

Bererk. Once you finish it no other anime feels as good except for a few.
Bebop,neon Genesis, alchemist are all great. Something really human about berserk that makes it hard to top.

I am a Gundam fanatic. I've seen every one of 15+ gundan series' and I'm pretty much obsessed with it. I love how in depth some of them go and the way they portray humanity (selfish and doomed to destroy itself). I spend hours reading about the technology involved in all of the different mechs :p

Just realized I've got the DVD's for Tenjho Tenge on loan from Dreams Destruction's vocalist, so going through them now... Pretty damn entertaining, I must say. Not mind blowing by any stretch, but a lot of fun.

I am seeing Berserk and I like it, quite brutal anime, the black girl is annoying as hell, somebody please kill her!lol

Wow.. it was a long time ago i watched anime now, but as i recall it i think Hellsing and Elfen Lied where my favorites.
I really have a hard time with anime now days, i just cant stand the typical "Japanese wit" that seems to be found in most anime series.

I actually really liked Elfen Lied. Probably the only anime I ever got into. Trigun was interesting too.