Your favourite beer

Shankao

H.O.A.X.
Dec 1, 2003
Madrid
shankao.blogspot.com
Hi folks,

I saw at Symphony X forum, one thread like this, and I think it could be interesting here! I have been looking for the old threads, but I have not found any similar.

My favourite beer, at least one from them, is the canadian beer Trois Pistoles.

I usually drink the Norwegian beers Tou, Hansa or Ringnes. If I wanna be real fancy i get myself some Kronenbourg 1664. Pilsner Urquell is also pretty good.

my favourite kind of beer is certainly weissbier. there are many good weissbiers that i like, franziskaner (most of all red franziskaner), kapuziner, paulaner, hoegardeen, but my favourite one is aventinus. never tasted a such good weiss.

http://schneider-weisse.de/down/pre...fuer_Aventinus_European_Beer_Star2005_rgb.jpg
it's a very strong beer, with 8.2 % alcohol, it's red and have a soft aftertaste of hazelnuts. i simply love it!

a little review
http://thebrewclub.com/2009/07/30/aventinus-doppelbock-beer-review/

Oh it's impossible to decide!

I really like BelleVue Kriek (Belgian); it's probably my favourite due to its unique flavour. However, my other "dearest" ones are Trois Pistoles and Cheval Blanc (Montréal), which are probably better in taste and quality when compared to Kriek. Ohhh I should try to get one, maybe a friend can send a couple to me. Montréal (note: Most Ontario beers suck) and Belgian beers are the best in the world.

Oh and I also like Spruce beer a lot, but it's not really beer :p; it's more like Root beer hehe.

Which beer(s) do I hate the most?

Any US American one (except the ones made at local breweries, since I didn't try any of those). Holy crap did I suffer when I was there! I bloody hate Coors Light. Gringos really don't know about beer :lol:.

hoegaarden-glas3.jpg

:lol:

i don't drink beer at all, but i would like to know what kind of beer mr.V prefers ;)

oh..I'm not that picky when it comes to beer...I'm quite into beer from the benelux area..but others as well..it depends on what occation it is.

mr V

oh..I'm not that picky when it comes to beer...I'm quite into beer from the benelux area..but others as well..it depends on what occation it is.

mr V

ahaha i'm curious to know what do you think about swedish beers.
i've tasted two, and....ehm....was something like drinking water.
i tasted norrlands guld (could not avoid to try this one!!! :D) and old gold...the only two avaible at ikea :tickled:

but i was really impressed by pepparkakor and some kind of double-disk biscuits filled with hazelnut cream :worship:

Carlsberg is my favorite, Tuborg as well but you can't get it in the states now.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is fucking incredible though, and its American.

Oh it's impossible to decide!

I really like BelleVue Kriek (Belgian); it's probably my favourite due to its unique flavour.

ah, Kriek :) I also kinda like that one, they sometimes have it at my school's fraternity pub. Due to its fruity flavor, they say that only girls should drink it, and always make fun of a guy who's also having one... :Smug: Whatever, at least it's bottled so it doesn't have that vile plastic-y aftertaste that beer tapped from a keg poured in plastic cups always have :D

ah, Kriek :) I also kinda like that one, they sometimes have it at my school's fraternity pub. Due to its fruity flavor, they say that only girls should drink it, and always make fun of a guy who's also having one... :Smug: Whatever, at least it's bottled so it doesn't have that vile plastic-y aftertaste that beer tapped from a keg poured in plastic cups always have :D

Yeah I Kriek's great, most people here don't know about it, but I love that. What happens in Brussels… doesn't stay in Brussels. (I had drunk Kriek before, anyhow.)

I don't think it's "for girls", most people think beer is a "macho" thing (and usually have horrible taste when drinking it); however, I think brewing a beer is an art form, and I hence appreciate it as such. I've tried many beers from all over the world (most of the ones that have been mentioned here), and I still think Kriek is one of the best because of its unique flavour.

Besides Trois Pistoles, I really like these beers:

- Maudite
- Kwak
- Grimbergen Double
- Grimbergen Optimo Bruno
- Carlos V
- Trappist Double

The most alcoholic beer I have tasted is one called Sant Nicklaus or something like that. It has 14º. :yow:

Typical spanish beers that I usually drink are:

- Mahou
- Alhambra

speaking of fruity flavour, once i tasted one fruity beer which was fantastic, i don't remember its name, just that it comes wrapped inside some paper with an artistic shape, like a candy or a flower. does someone know its name?

Typical spanish beers that I usually drink are:

- Mahou
- Alhambra

italian beers are really awfull. they are made to be drunk during meals, so they don't have strong taste and special flavours.
the only good beers are those produced by artisans (and not by the big brands like menabrea, peroni, moretti), like this ones:
det313.jpg

italian beers are really awfull. they are made to be drunk during meals, so they don't have strong taste and special flavours.

It happens the same with spanish beers... hehehe. They have light taste, about 5º. They are more like a soft drink, like Coke, etc.

There are two "more or less" good toasted beers, with strong taste.

- Estrella 1906

1906.jpg

- Voll Damm

23102008757.jpg

@ Lefay: But Peroni Nastro Azzurro is excellent!!!!

… not!!! :lol:

Yeah most Italian beers suck, so thanks for the recommendations. What's the name of that brand?

@ Shankao: I think Spanish beers are a tad better, but still of inferior quality when compared to the more Germanic ones. Thanks for recommendation, I haven't tried neither Estrella 1906 nor Voll Damm.