Your favourite beer

@ Lefay: But Peroni Nastro Azzurro is excellent!!!!

… not!!! :lol:

Yeah most Italian beers suck, so thanks for the recommendations. What's the name of that brand?

baladin. i tasted 3 or 4 different tastes, some where better than others. i think the best was nora or isaac, i don't remember exaclty, they are both white beers.

baladin. i tasted 3 or 4 different tastes, some where better than others. i think the best was nora or isaac, i don't remember exaclty, they are both white beers.

Grazie! Will try them next time I go to Italia. How easy is it/where can I get them?

After last night I don't want to see beer again for a long time. :lol:

Haha I thought I was going to drink more, but I didn't :p . I'm sure you'll be drinking beer in a week. Or tomorrow.

Sigurðr;9582174 said:
we always say this but in the next day we start all over again :kickass:

Haha yeah yeah :lol:.

ahaha i'm curious to know what do you think about swedish beers.
i've tasted two, and....ehm....was something like drinking water.
i tasted norrlands guld (could not avoid to try this one!!! :D) and old gold...the only two avaible at ikea :tickled:

but i was really impressed by pepparkakor and some kind of double-disk biscuits filled with hazelnut cream :worship:

We have several really nice Swedish beers....what you tasted was probably what we call "Folköl" and that's the beer that are sold in shops etc..not much alchohol in it that's the reason why it taste so "watery" :) we have to go to the special monoply store called "Systembolaget" to get the normal beer. This is of course a political issue when they try to have a system that makes it harder to get hold of regular beer...in the 70's we had it in the regular store and a "whole" generation got somewhat alchoholics. But as we all understand the thing with monopoly doesn't really help that but it makes it harder to young people to get hold of the goods as it has a age limit at systembolaget...in other hand the young people drink "moonshine" instead so the effect may actually work against the idea of it.

mr V

We have several really nice Swedish beers....what you tasted was probably what we call "Folköl" and that's the beer that are sold in shops etc..not much alchohol in it that's the reason why it taste so "watery" :) we have to go to the special monoply store called "Systembolaget" to get the normal beer. This is of course a political issue when they try to have a system that makes it harder to get hold of regular beer...in the 70's we had it in the regular store and a "whole" generation got somewhat alchoholics. But as we all understand the thing with monopoly doesn't really help that but it makes it harder to young people to get hold of the goods as it has a age limit at systembolaget...in other hand the young people drink "moonshine" instead so the effect may actually work against the idea of it.

mr V

i didn't know that, that's pretty dramatic!!!! i mean, can't you buy strong drinks at supermarkets for example?
i don't think that "prohibitionism" is the right answer. as you say there are many other ways to get alcohol and also the existence of a ban can create some kind of desire to go against it.
i think that the right way to manage the whole problem would be to give children and young people a sort of alcoholic education, explaining risks and problems that alcohol can cause. which is the age you can start buying drinks? 18? 21? that's normal that people when they reach this long-expected finishig post they tent to abuse of something they could not have before.
we have a big wine culture here in italy, but the alcoholism rate is very low, we start drinking very young, but cosciently, you taste wine for the first time at 4-5 years, your parents water it down, and it's funny because it has a strong taste for a kid and kids always start to do funny faces (also with coffe) for the first times trying to get used to this kind of taste, but wine is always present of italian's tables while eating so you grow up tasting it and getting used to effects and your limits, and you find a sort of balance and auto-regulation method, thing that doesn't happen when you are forbidden to consume something, you will overindulge in it as soon as you can.
it's the same thing that happens in holland where cannabis is avaible in shops. a friend of mine lived there for a while and told me that the dutch smoke with moderation, while foreigners have no kind of control over it.

mr V

Yeah that's why you have a lot of Swedes doing trips to Germany, Denmark or Finnland (not sure about the last one) to get beer.

i didn't know that, that's pretty dramatic!!!! i mean, can't you buy strong drinks at supermarkets for example?
i don't think that "prohibitionism" is the right answer. as you say there are many other ways to get alcohol and also the existence of a ban can create some kind of desire to go against it.
i think that the right way to manage the whole problem would be to give children and young people a sort of alcoholic education, explaining risks and problems that alcohol can cause. which is the age you can start buying drinks? 18? 21? that's normal that people when they reach this long-expected finishig post they tent to abuse of something they could not have before.
we have a big wine culture here in italy, but the alcoholism rate is very low, we start drinking very young, but cosciently, you taste wine for the first time at 4-5 years, your parents water it down, and it's funny because it has a strong taste for a kid and kids always start to do funny faces (also with coffe) for the first times trying to get used to this kind of taste, but wine is always present of italian's tables while eating so you grow up tasting it and getting used to effects and your limits, and you find a sort of balance and auto-regulation method, thing that doesn't happen when you are forbidden to consume something, you will overindulge in it as soon as you can.
it's the same thing that happens in holland where cannabis is avaible in shops. a friend of mine lived there for a while and told me that the dutch smoke with moderation, while foreigners have no kind of control over it.

Indeed! When you get used to something, you lower it's consumption. And seriously, every country should follow TN's example when it comes to weed, prostitution and abortion. (That's If Geert Wilders doesn't change the rules, but he's out for a while, which is great news.)

I also like a CRn beer called Bavaria, it's actually quite taste (both black and gold).

Interesting note: Most CRn beers have a "slight" Germanic image to them :zzz: :rolleyes: :

Most famous one: Imperial, la cerveza de Costa Rica (which, incidentally, appears in Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker).

costa-rican-beer.jpg

Bavaria (best ones IMO):

1687742_0.jpg

Pilsen:

tumblr_l726gn4eVR1qb9fiao1_250.jpg

I rest my case.

And there's also the horrible, horrible:

Plantilla+22+Rock+Ice+Botellas+y+Latas.jpg

And seriously, every country should follow TN's example when it comes to weed, prostitution and abortion.

It always cracks me up when I go see a foreign artist and they're high as a kite on stage. Just last month I saw Gonjasufi in Amsterdam, first thing he said when entering the stage was how much he loves being here and ask someone to help light the gigantic joint he was holding in his hands :lol:

Back to the subject of beer, what cracks me up even more is when store employers demand to see my identification to verify my age when I want to buy beer :D I'm 22 and the minimum legal age to buy beer is 16... :cry: Maybe I should try to let my beard grow again.

we have to go to the special monoply store called "Systembolaget" to get the normal beer.

mr V

We have the same thing here in Canada, or at least in Ontario. You can't buy Beer or Liquor in supermarkets or corner stores here, you have to go to "The Beer Store" (yes that is actually the name of the store) to get your Beer or the "LCBO" to get your Liquor.

Same thing in Norway. Regular grocery stores sell beer, cider and alcopops with a maximum alcohol percentage of 4,7. Vinmonopolet (the wine monopoly) sells everything else.

It always cracks me up when I go see a foreign artist and they're high as a kite on stage. Just last month I saw Gonjasufi in Amsterdam, first thing he said when entering the stage was how much he loves being here and ask someone to help light the gigantic joint he was holding in his hands :lol:

Back to the subject of beer, what cracks me up even more is when store employers demand to see my identification to verify my age when I want to buy beer :D I'm 22 and the minimum legal age to buy beer is 16... :cry: Maybe I should try to let my beard grow again.

Haha yeah there was one next to my hotel in Tilburg, but I noticed it when it was too late. Everyone should follow TN, really. The amount of money that's spent here burning María Juana could be used to stop the really dangerous drugs (like coccaine, for example).

Hahaha well take it as a compliment, some people like to date younger-looking ones.
Me?
My students say: "Professor how old are you? 31?"
To which I reply: "You have officially failed the course." :lol:

Same thing in Norway. Regular grocery stores sell beer, cider and alcopops with a maximum alcohol percentage of 4,7. Vinmonopolet (the wine monopoly) sells everything else.

Here in Spain, you can buy all kind of alcohol at the Supermarket, from 4º beer till 40º whiskie, vodka, etc.

The only condition: You must be 18 years old. (When I was young, it was 16).

Here in Spain, you can buy all kind of alcohol at the Supermarket, from 4º beer till 40º whiskie, vodka, etc.

here too. now the limits is 18 but no one cares of it.
they put this new limit the last year (or at least i suppose :lol:), and cops started to make some checks in supermarkets, but as everything in italy, it lasted so little time (2-3 months). and everything is out of control again just now!!! :lol:
you can buy every kind of alcohol in supermarkets, and you are served everything you want in pubs, i remember my first vodkas in some pubs when i was 14. :p considering that i looked like 16 when i was 25, no one ever asked my identification documents or stuff even when i was 14 or 16 (and i probably looked like 12 or i don't know :lol:)

Here it's 18 years old for anything up to 21% and 20 years old for everything higher.

Yeah it's 18 years for everything here in Costa Rica, but, just like in Italy, there's no real control whatsoever. Most kids here start drinking (heavily) when they're 14 or 15. For example, the first and only time I've been totally wasted, with a horrible hangover (how come I didn't go to the hospital…? :p) was when I was 16 haha.