Your favourite beer

Yesterday I tried a red "Chimay" and I found a very good trappist beer.

chimay-red.jpg

italian beers are really awfull.

Actually, one of my favourites come from Italy; Melissa. Then again, it is as you say, not one of the big brands, but comes from a small local brewery.
A friend who lives in Milan took us out to the countryside this summer while my girlfriend and I was visiting before going to Metalcamp, and he introduced us to the lovliest little place I've ever been, called Il Porco. There we had to try every type of beer they had before being allowed to take one to the table. I.E. I was getting drunk before even getting my first beer, ha ha!

Back on topic though, my top favopurite is probably Lasko from Sovenia.
In general, I think Eastern Europe have some good beers, lot's of good stuff from the Czech Republic as well.
I also have a soft spot for Kilkenny, and for "everyday use" I go for Tuborg Grøn or Tuborg Classic.

Wheat beers: Hoegaarden and Erdinger.

medium dark beers: Murphys(Ireland), Samuel Adams(Boston)

Dark beers: Kilkenny does the trick, not too bitter as some dark ones tend to be.

Belgian beers are excellent, Leffe also dark and light.

There's been an explosion in recent years of new icelandic beers, some of which are quite good, Kaldi is one excellent one.

I've also aquired a taste of faroese beer, Föroya bjór and the new brand Okkara öl(which I tasted in the islands this summer).

^ Has a nice colour, me likes. Not a beer but I had some of my dad's incredibly-old (30 years maybe?) Beefeater Gin. Oh that was simply brilliant; I hadn't drunk any in some time and it was excellent in company of good friends.

Could it get better? Oh yeah. Have Defiance play "William Tell Overture (Abridged)" from the Clockwork Orange OST, and let him drink a shot of the previously-mentioned Gin and then a beer mug of Duvel to the rhythm of the afore-mentioned music.

Defiance was kind of tipsy after that hehe :p .

There are a ton of good (micro)breweries in the United States, it is ashame that people associate american beer with bad flavor or watery consistancy especially when there's a real drive and passion for producing good beer. It's only the big names such as Budweiser, Coors, Miller. etc. that produce this shit. The draw is that it's cheap to produce and cheap to buy, I mean if you want to get blasted on a 12 pack I guess you don't care what you drink.

I have so many beer favs just some: Pilsner Urquell, Budvar, Samuel Smith OBB (not available outside the UK), Rodenbach, Sierra Nevada Stout, Old Speckled Hen and I cannot forget Guinness (on tap)

There are a ton of good (micro)breweries in the United States, it is ashame that people associate american beer with bad flavor or watery consistancy especially when there's a real drive and passion for producing good beer. It's only the big names such as Budweiser, Coors, Miller. etc. that produce this shit. The draw is that it's cheap to produce and cheap to buy, I mean if you want to get blasted on a 12 pack I guess you don't care what you drink.

Really? There actually are good beers in the States? :OMG:

Haha the main problem is that the tourists that go there, depending on the time that they stay, will only get to drink that horrible, horrible Coors Light (it's already freaking light, why add it to the title?!?).

In his recent trip to Boston my dad went to the Samuel Adam's factory/brewery?, judging from the smell of the glass that he brought, it seemed like a good beer.

In his recent trip to Boston my dad went to the Samuel Adam's factory/brewery?, judging from the smell of the glass that he brought, it seemed like a good beer.
Sam Adams is indeed very delicious! It's a shame it's really expensive here in liquor stores :(

Cheers to that, so many great micro brews exist in the US.

MILLER HIGH LIFE

CHAMPAGNE OF BEERS

I hate those thick european lager Sam Adams Guinnes whatever shit makes me barf because it fucking gross. I don't need to some overpriced european import to get off, I can get drunk off A COORS or High life and still have money in my pocket to buy a fat bag of weed.

Really? There actually are good beers in the States? :OMG:

Haha the main problem is that the tourists that go there, depending on the time that they stay, will only get to drink that horrible, horrible Coors Light (it's already freaking light, why add it to the title?!?).

Yeah there are many. In my state of Pennsylvania, we have victory, troegs, penn, yards, erie, weyerbacher, etc... just to name a few. I read once that before prohibition, Pittsburgh (my city) had 80 breweries (we had a lot of german and czech immigrants!) Since the 1990's there has been an explosion of micro's all around the country; Dogfish head brewery even has a reality show on discovery TV!

Sam Adams is a fine brew, although not my favorite. They also have a line of seasonal's which their Noble Pils is my favorite - tastes like a german lager and czech pilsner combined.

There's a growing interest in America and strong affection for Beer that doesn't taste like shit, but sadly they (microbreweries) have to compete with the mass marketing of corporate garbage like coors, miller, budweiser, etc... that consume about 98% of total beer sales.