Your favourite beer

Yeah there are many. In my state of Pennsylvania, we have victory, troegs, penn, yards, erie, weyerbacher, etc... just to name a few. I read once that before prohibition, Pittsburgh (my city) had 80 breweries (we had a lot of german and czech immigrants!) Since the 1990's there has been an explosion of micro's all around the country; Dogfish head brewery even has a reality show on discovery TV!

Sam Adams is a fine brew, although not my favorite. They also have a line of seasonal's which their Noble Pils is my favorite - tastes like a german lager and czech pilsner combined.

There's a growing interest in America and strong affection for Beer that doesn't taste like shit, but sadly they (microbreweries) have to compete with the mass marketing of corporate garbage like coors, miller, budweiser, etc... that consume about 98% of total beer sales.

Yeah, Pennsylvania is certainly known for its beers, but wow, I never imagined so many different breweries. It's certainly a problem, as with anything in the States, that the small companies have to compete with "the mass marketing of corporate garbage that consume 98% of total beer sales". I wish that someone had showed me a small brewery in Colorado, it's a pity that I preferred Coca Cola over a beer.

However, all is not lost! It makes me very happy to know that there are many unknown beers artists in the US, hopefully I'll be able to drink some of their beers! Who knows, if I go to Atlanta for the Arcturus (et al.) gig; maybe Naglfar will show me around and we'll get drunk with Knut and company. But with good beer ;) .

This weekend, I've discover this one.

I like it a lot!!

42365.jpg

Oh, btw, there is excellent local beer in the United States. Lots of it, in fact. It's just that the internationally famous breweries are terrible. I'm from Wisconsin which has a similar heritage to Pennsylvania and really the local breweries are excellent. No one but white trash and trendwhores drink anything that isn't locally brewed.

Red Erik (Ceres Family) has nice colour...

Today I've discovered Cortes. It's written it's flavoured with Tequila. I'm afraid it isn't...